X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pastoralguy
    • Nov 2010

Al Pacino in London...

Mrs. PG and I have booked tickets for this event on June 2nd in London. Only the chance to hear Jasche Heifetz live would fill me with more excitement. (And since he's dead it's not going to happen in a hurry...!)

Anyone else going?
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
    Mrs. PG and I have booked tickets for this event on June 2nd in London. Only the chance to hear Jasche Heifetz live would fill me with more excitement. (And since he's dead it's not going to happen in a hurry...!)

Anyone else going?
    Could you eludidate? I'm a big fan of Al but for the moment don't know what you're on about....

Just looked it up: his Palladium One-Man Show... Seems a rather surprising thing for him to do... But, yes, tempting...
    Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 05-04-13, 21:39.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Could you eludidate? I'm a big fan of Al but for the moment don't know what you're on about....

... the phot does him no favours - looks like Richard Hammond after a very successful party!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Anyone else going?
        Surely a trip in the Tardis to Ida's first Prom in the 1930s might fill you with even more excitement !

Comment

• Mr Pee
          • Nov 2010

Pacino in The Godfather films is still the absolute benchmark for film acting, IMO.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
            Pacino in The Godfather films is still the absolute benchmark for film acting, IMO.

Agreed, in film. However, for TV, it's got to be Nejdet salih. From 30 seconds to 42 seconds, TV acting history is being made.

Comment

• pastoralguy
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
              Surely a trip in the Tardis to Ida's first Prom in the 1930s might fill you with even more excitement !
              Now THAT would be something!! Or Menuhin's Berlin debut. Or Heifetz's Carnegie Hall debut!

Maybe in another life...

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Now THAT would be something!! Or Menuhin's Berlin debut. Or Heifetz's Carnegie Hall debut!

Maybe in another life...
                We had a thread about that! I wanted to go back to the second performance of Rachmaninov's Third Piano Concerto, with Sergei doing what he did best and Mahler on the podium! What a pair!

Would I be waiting round the back after for autographs? Yes I would!
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Pacino tickets from £80? - now that's what I call exclusive!

Comment

• richardfinegold
                    • Sep 2012

A lot of veteran actors here in the states are doing these one person, multi media shoes in large theatres that mix in personal reminisces with excerpts from their best known roles. Shirley MacLaine did one here a few weeks ago where she names several famous leading men that she knew and then proudly exclaims, "And I fucked all of them!"

Comment

• pastoralguy
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                      Pacino tickets from £80? - now that's what I call exclusive!
                      Well, it's a once in a lifetime experience for, I suspect, most people.

Comment

Working...
                      X