X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resurrection Man
    • Sep 2024

Excellent Guardian article

Alan Rusbridger, editor in chief, unveils the latest exciting step in the Guardian's mission to harness the power of online media: Guardian Goggles
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Not a subtle as San Serif.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

- reminds me of Zaphod Beeblebrox's Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.

Something on Today about some train company putting bar codes on the side of its locomotives so that trainspotters who have downloaded the app can snap them and find out all about the engine.....Also a smart phone which you don't have to touch - it's getting impossible to know what's an April Fool and what isn't. Best not to believe anything for the rest if the day.

Comment

• jean
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
        ...Something on Today about some train company putting bar codes on the side of its locomotives so that trainspotters who have downloaded the app can snap them and find out all about the engine...
        I've only just realised I shouldn't have believed that - but I was half asleep at the time!

Comment

• ahinton
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
          - reminds me of Zaphod Beeblebrox's Peril Sensitive Sunglasses.

Something on Today about some train company putting bar codes on the side of its locomotives so that trainspotters who have downloaded the app can snap them and find out all about the engine.....Also a smart phone which you don't have to touch - it's getting impossible to know what's an April Fool and what isn't. Best not to believe anything for the rest if the day.
          Well, I did wonder about both of those as candidates but at the same time worried that they'd not usually include more than one April Fool item into a single edition of Today, from which fact I concluded that today's was neither of these after all - which was not especially difficult to do when the obvious candidate was the Iain Duncan Smith interview...

Comment

• jean
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
              Well, I did wonder about both of those as candidates but at the same time worried that they'd not usually include more than one April Fool item into a single edition of Today, from which fact I concluded that today's was neither of these after all - which was not especially difficult to do when the obvious candidate was the Iain Duncan Smith interview...
              Is it mandatory on the forum that one cannot have a simple thread without someone dragging in a snide little comment ?

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

Where was the snide comment??....I thought it was humour....
                bong ching

Comment

• Mr Pee
                  • Nov 2010

The secret behind the mysterious fake death in BBC series Sherlock has finally been revealed by sources close to the Benedict Cumberbatch-led show.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                    Where was the snide comment?
                    It comprised RM's message, perhaps?

Comment

• Flosshilde
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      It comprised RM's message, perhaps?
                      See also http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...893#post278893 for humour by-pass.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post

Why did you feel the need to insert that link Flosshilde? It is depressing how quickly a light-hearted April Fool's thread has degenerated into mud-slinging.
                        Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
                          Is it mandatory on the forum that one cannot have a simple thread without someone dragging in a snide little comment ?
                          Maybe ff et al should refresh the house rules and protocols and re-circulate them. I am struggling to keep my chip as far down on my shoulder as possible, handle my me, me, me persecution complex and proclivity for immature sarcastic remarks as best I can.

It's been quite a season lately for this sort of thing. Perhaps the time has come for reminders, refreshing?

It might help a large number on these boards, not just me.

Last edited by Guest; 01-04-13, 12:52. Reason: added the word 'a' in front of season.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                            • Nov 2010

I think there's a very useful EU directive on the subject Beefy ................ (JOKE, just in case) )

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                              I think there's a very useful EU directive on the subject Beefy ................ (JOKE, just in case) )
                              I'm in remission GG, I need all the support I can get

Comment

Working...
                              X