Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycelt

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
    Well scotty, Greenock has its pot-ugly bits, of course, but this view from its Lyle Hill isn't all bad, shurely?
    Yes, that was one of the stunning attractions I did have in mind, mangerton, though, to be strictly accurate, the beauty in the eye of any beholder might well be confined to neighbouring Gourock and beyond. Hartlepool also has some marvellous nearby beauty spots as do Stockport, Slough and Luton which, strangely enough, I had considered before ER beat me to it. Beefy is correct ... I have never been to Corby but, as he notes, it can certainly boast in being a town of strong and healthy immigrant stock.

There's undoubtedly an awful lot to be said for pot-ugly towns ...

Comment

• Ferretfancy
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Anyone been to Luton ? now that is a hole,features regularly in those crap towns books .
      There was a time when Radio 4 broadcast local news for the Southeast, and Luton featured every day, in fact they had a Luton correspondent.
      I think this must have been a generous gesture on the part of a BBC executive who lived there. I don't remember being excited by an tidings from Luton.

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
        I forgot about Slough.
        Many have tried to do this and failed, including Sir John Betjeman
        I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Working...
        X