X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Spotify has changed - again

I noticed that Spotify has changed again recently. I checked the audio quality setting in preferences, and the default seemed to have been set back to a lower level.
    To get the best quality one has to go into Preferences and set High quality streaming - and I do think it makes a difference.
  • Thropplenoggin
    • Mar 2013

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the Spotify...surely, you think, they can't possibly have a more user-unfriendly interface? Now they do!

As for the ever-rubbish 'search' facility, it continues to defy belief. Thus, Mackerras/Scottish Chamber Orchestra's Mozart doesn't appear when searched as 'Mackerras Linn' or 'Mackerras Scottish' but only under 'Scottish Chamber Orchestra'.

Qobuz all the way for me, these days.
    It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
      Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the Spotify...surely, you think, they can't possibly have a more user-unfriendly interface? Now they do!

As for the ever-rubbish 'search' facility, it continues to defy belief. Thus, Mackerras/Scottish Chamber Orchestra's Mozart doesn't appear when searched as 'Mackerras Linn' or 'Mackerras Scottish' but only under 'Scottish Chamber Orchestra'.

Qobuz all the way for me, these days.
      Actually it does work when you type "Mackerras Scottish". I agree it doesn't work with "Mackerras Linn", but not everyone will understand why it should.

How much is Qobuz per month now?

Comment

• Thropplenoggin
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        Actually it does work when you type "Mackerras Scottish". I agree it doesn't work with "Mackerras Linn", but not everyone will understand why it should.

How much is Qobuz per month now?
        Surely the option to search by 'label' should be a given?

Here are the details: http://www.qobuz.com/abonnement-streaming

I have the basic account (9.99 euros) - it seems to be BOGOF at present.
        It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

• gradus
          • Nov 2010

I'm no fan of the Spotify search interface and wish they would improve it, although the catalogue is pretty good once you puzzle through the search problems. Presumably we classical Spotify users are just too weak a voice to achieve improvements to a system designed around track titles.

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
            Surely the option to search by 'label' should be a given?
            Perhaps it depends what you're used to. I use it sometimes on eMusic, but generally I've not been too fussed. I can see the benefits though, now you mention it.

Comment

Working...
            X