X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pabmusic
    • May 2011

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
    ...That said, the now quite considerable inconsistency between the CofE treatment of women and that of the Catholic Church requires some serious attempt at explanation that will not and indeed cannot include the alleged following of some kind of Christian "tradition" as an excuse on the part of the latter unless, by so providing one, it wilfully implies that CofE has gotten it all wrong...
    But of course they would. They don't consider the CofE is a 'real' church anyway - compared to the Orthodox Church, for instance - because it does not have the continuity of priesthood.

I thought this was interesting. It concentrates on Muslim objections against the declaration that the UN Commission on the Status of Women will soon issue on the rights of women. However, this paragraph made me smile wryly:
    Egypt has joined Iran, Russia and the Vatican - dubbed an "unholy alliance" by some diplomats - in threatening to derail the women's rights declaration by objecting to language on sexual, reproductive and gay rights.

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
      The Catholic Church isn't going to abandon it's morality
      Does it have one?

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

Capisc?
        No, of course he doesn't - & never will.

Comment

• ahinton
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
          No cause for complacency, Mr Pee; who knows? I might be in your neck of the woods...

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
            Does it have one?
            Well if it doesn't some members might immediately wonder why you and others here keep complaining about 'one' ...

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
              No, of course he doesn't - & never will.
              You're dead right there, Flossie ...

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                But of course they would. They don't consider the CofE is a 'real' church anyway - compared to the Orthodox Church, for instance - because it does not have the continuity of priesthood.

I thought this was interesting. It concentrates on Muslim objections against the declaration that the UN Commission on the Status of Women will soon issue on the rights of women. However, this paragraph made me smile wryly:
                Egypt has joined Iran, Russia and the Vatican - dubbed an "unholy alliance" by some diplomats - in threatening to derail the women's rights declaration by objecting to language on sexual, reproductive and gay rights.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92E03D20130315
                By their companions shall ye know them

Comment

• amateur51

Great stuff scotty. Every now & then a person chooses a spex frame that it totally unsuited to their fizzog and I think Gove's new spex frame is a prime example. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Micky chose them to make him look serious, intellectual but also a touch of senior managament, whereas the thought that pops into my mind is 'Shaw Taylor' ("And remember! Keep 'em peeled!" )

Comment

Working...
                  X