X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
    Quite happy because, not being a terrorist, it isn't going to happen.

"Nothing to hide , nothing to fear"

(why do I always feel nervous when I go to Stockwell tube station ? I have a beard and usually a rucksack .......... is this irrational ? I think not )

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

"Nothing to hide , nothing to fear"

(why do I always feel nervous when I go to Stockwell tube station ? I have a beard and usually a rucksack .......... is this irrational ? I think not )
      And the poor de Menezes never gets mentioned at the Cenotaph

Comment

• Simon

Good to see our two friends from their parallel universe pooping in to see us again... or should that be popping.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Simon View Post
          Good to see our two friends from their parallel universe pooping in to see us again... or should that be popping.
          And to see the member of the landlord class from Amber Valley doing what he does best

Comment

• Cornet IV

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
            Broadly in agreement with you here - and de la Rochefoucauld is, after all, the person who is reported as having once said the language was given to Man to conceal his thoughts, upon which my own personal take has long been that musical language was given to Man to conceal those thoughts of which he was incapable of concealing using words...
            A sophistry beyond this simple country lad, I'm afraid.

I was sort of thinking of For a man to consider his friend as if he would one day be his enemy and to regard his enemy as if he would one day be his friend, is neither a precept of honour nor a dictate of feeling but a maxim of policy. I think adherence to this must lead to a stiflingly unfulfilling and sterile life; no doubt le Duc ignored his own maxim.

There can be no question that a political authoritarianism is abroad - a proposed new Star Chamber cloaked in the pseudo-legitimacy of anti-terrorism and the headlong dash for press censorship being but two manifestations. As old Francois might have said, Prenez garde!

Comment

Working...
            X