X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Farage Murdoch Gove Boris

I hear that this group are forming an alliance to take over our country. My first thought is emigration.
  • ahinton
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
    I hear that this group are forming an alliance to take over our country. My first thought is emigration.
    Whose? Yours, or theirs?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

theirs .... since M is notionally a yank ... then The Tower ... actually OFF WITH ALL THEIR HEADS!

to which unappealing coterie we might add Salmond!

try visualising that lot in a group ...ugh!

any one got a spare drone or two ....?
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
        Whose? Yours, or theirs?
        I hadn't considered "theirs" as an option, but OK.

Comment

• Gordon
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
          Well yes one would be sorely tempted to do so. Perhaps Scotland and that nice Mr Salmond would welcome us if we promised to help his independence bid!! We could pay our way by reinforcing Hadrian's great edifice. But then what would Englishmen do during the Calcutta Cup fixture, remember Mr Tebbitt is watching!! There's always Ireland of course......

Those strange four horsemen do seem to suggest an apochalypse but one suspects that they are strange bed-fellows [as it were] too and one does wonder how long they'd last? I think that only one of them [perhaps 2] knows what he's doing.

Comment

• Flosshilde
            • Nov 2010

An article in the Guardian on UKIP - http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...s-nigel-farage
            In the print version the sub-head says that "Officials are trying to contain the party's more extreme elements". The article then goes on to say that Farage is meeting the Tea Party's guru (didn't it collapse in the last presidential elections?) .

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

I attended a meeting recently, at which the speaker refused to use one highly offensive four letter word (G***) so perhaps it shouldn't be used here either.

Comment

• Gordon
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                I attended a meeting recently, at which the speaker refused to use one highly offensive four letter word (G***) so perhaps it shouldn't be used here either.
                Trouble is that G*** is the first part of GOVErnment!! Perhaps he thinks he has a destiny!! Do we think that Boris is Goodenoff anyway?

Comment

• Barbirollians
                  • Nov 2010

I very seldom agree with david Cameron but I have always thought his description of UKIP and its members to be spot on . Fruitcakes, closet racists and nutters .He just left out bigots.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                    I have yet to meet ANYONE involved in education who has something positive to say about the man ???
                    (and that includes many who are supporters of his party)

Though if you think he is bad
                    try reading the kipper education policy
                    ooops seems like its 404

UKIP was founded in 1993, and since its beginning, has campaigned to take Britain out of the European Union. Please visit our website to find out more.

Comment

• Gordon
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                      I very seldom agree with david Cameron but I have always thought his description of UKIP and its members to be spot on . Fruitcakes, closet racists and nutters .He just left out bigots.
                      A representative cross section of Britain then!! They should do well at the polls.

Doesn't this Quadriga have any women attached? Spirit of Boudica, driving out all those foreign invaders?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                        Trouble is that G*** is the first part of GOVErnment!! Perhaps he thinks he has a destiny!!
                        That could also be reason why Arsene Wenger has remained at the same football club for so long. The difference here is that Wenger is reasonably good at his job. The 4-letter word is utterly inept. Why doesn't Cameron sack him? Even the Coalition parties could find someone better.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

A representative cross section of Britain then!! They should do well at the polls.

A sizeable slice of their support comes from 'settled immigrant' communities in the UK - another important cross-section element. The only member of my family who was a signed up Ukipper (he sadly died last year) was black and an immigrant from Africa in the 1960s. Many people in his situation seem to be more patriotic than the Queen.
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Flosshilde
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                            I have yet to meet ANYONE involved in education who has something positive to say about the man ???
                            (and that includes many who are supporters of his party)

Though if you think he is bad
                            try reading the kipper education policy
                            ooops seems like its 404

http://www.ukip.org/content/ukip-pol...on-ukip-policy
                            According to the guardian summary their defence policy includes increasing spending by 40%, & having three new aircraft carriers & 4 submarines carrying nuclear missiles - from the USA. I can imagine they'll have them circling the UK, keeping out all those horrid foreigners. (although how they would manage it if Scotland is independent & a member of the EU is open to question)

Comment

• alycidon
                              • Feb 2013

Perhaps Scotland and that nice Mr Salmond would welcome us if we promised to help his independence bid!!
                              Don't you dare!!!
                              Money can't buy you happiness............but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery - Spike Milligan

Comment

Working...
                              X