Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

I usually enjoy In Tune (with either SR or SK) during my commute home, but this evening had to retune to CFM during the Baroque FM slot. That really is the pits - even if it is all for charidee.

OG

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Now that we've had more than three score posts on this subject, might it be time to change it to "Incline with Suzy Tune"?...

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
        • Nov 2010

The other evening we had Suzy getting all excited telling us to support her championing the Halleluljah Chorus (not even the full Messiah, just a the usual chunk) as 'Top of the Baroque'. I actually felt ashamed for the station, just when you think R3 cannot sink any lower, it plunges further towards implosion at the Earth's core and I don't think there is now much to stop this from happening, unless the Dear Leader and his Politburo cronies are replaced by a revolution at the BBC.

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
          The other evening we had Suzy getting all excited telling us to support her championing the Halleluljah Chorus (not even the full Messiah, just a the usual chunk) as 'Top of the Baroque'. I actually felt ashamed for the station, just when you think R3 cannot sink any lower, it plunges further towards implosion at the Earth's core and I don't think there is now much to stop this from happening, unless the Dear Leader and his Politburo cronies are replaced by a revolution at the BBC.
          Other contenders for My Favourite being Pachelbel's Canon and Gigue and 'When I am laid in earth'.

At the altar of charity and comedy ...
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Sir Velo
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Suffolkcoastal View Post
            McGregor has just tweeted that everyone should vote for SM-P's "comedy" cello rendition of something (couldn't bring myself to check). Apparently there's a video of her gurning away,pulling all kinds of faces. #allforcharidee!

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              Other contenders for My Favourite being Pachelbel's Canon and Gigue and 'When I am laid in earth'.

At the altar of charity and comedy ...
              So predictable I almost got them correct before they were announced. I think I said The Messiah, Toccata & Fugue in D minor, Dido & Aeneas and The Four Seasons or the Kanon on another thread. R3 will soon be Dead and Laid in Earth if it continues this way for much longer.

Comment

• Anna

Has anyone found these Red Nose Baroque things funny/mildlyamusing/witty? I've just had to turn R3 off as it's so infantile and dire. It's a sort of Horrible Histories, I guess the children will love it ..... I just feel it's downright embarrassing

Comment

• Sir Velo
                  • Oct 2012

It's like one of those things you do at the office, isn't it? Difference being no one else is forced to sit through the sheer toe-curling bloody awfulness of it all.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                    It's like one of those things you do at the office, isn't it? Difference being no one else is forced to sit through the sheer toe-curling bloody awfulness of it all.
                    Oh, it's like that awful corporate Christmas lunch we had when the Partners dressed up as YMCA and did Karaoke!!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                      • Nov 2010

I have not even listened to it and I am wincing at your descriptions....
                      bong ching

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        Oh, it's like that awful corporate Christmas lunch we had when the Partners dressed up as YMCA and did Karaoke!!
                        I think you mean dressed up as Village People

Thank goodness I manage to avoid any corporate Christmas events (as you might expect)

OG

Comment

• kernelbogey
                          • Nov 2010

I have found Red Nose Day utterly ghastly from its inception onwards. It seems to be an invitation to adolescent behaviour. As another post has said, the word 'hilarious' is a signal to turn away, over or roll in one's grave. Apart from anything else it promotes the idea of charitable donation as entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                          X