X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Word
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    Suzy Klein is highly knowledgeable musically, and should not be bracketted with.
    I'm sure Ms Klein is not to be bracketed with. Your knowledge of bracketry is impressive.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      My thought exactly, there can be no doubt. *

There must be so many well-informed, articulate, intelligent people out there who could do the job much better, and no doubt at less cost.

And what do looks have to do with the job of announcing on a radio?

[Edit] * her French reminded me of Yvette from 'Allo 'Allo
      There are plenty on this forum (I don't include myself).

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Word View Post
        I'm sure Ms Klein is not to be bracketed with. Your knowledge of bracketry is impressive.
        I thought you were referring to this bracket http://www.hingeandbracket-official....Buxton%202.jpg

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          Suzy Klein is highly knowledgeable musically, and should not be bracketted with. Katie Derham, who appears to rely on inadequate research.
          Rogue full-stops aside, I entirely concur.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
            Hang on a minute - I simply asked if there was less (or more) of a certain type of music when Suzy was in charge. I don't see what's sexist, snobbish, or splenetic about that
            I do ... you should be utterly ashamed of yourself, Flosshilde ... no anti-sexist non-snob would have ever made such horrid remarks about the wonderful Suzy, imho.

I'll just consult my dictionary on 'splenetic' and hopefully that will be well out of order, as well.

Comment

• Sir Velo
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Word View Post
              The biter bit eh? One for Pedant's Corner, methinks!

I think my problem with the In Tune presenters, and it is by no means limited to Ms Klein () is their tendency either to fawn over their guest (particularly noticeable trait of the main male presenter) or interrupt throughout, often when the guest is saying something of interest. A particularly egregious example occurred in the recent Ashkenazy interview. Ashkenazy is a genial man, and an engaging speaker. The interviewer, however,seemed to know little or nothing about his life saying that his (Ashkenazy's) winning of the Tchaikovsky competition had gained him his freedom. "Well, it was a bit more complicated than that" was the gentle correction.

Later, VA fell to reminiscing about his early life and how we was christened at the age of seven. "Gosh, that was a bit late wasn't it" was our host's perspicacious reply."Well, there was some war on at the time, and it was not easy to have a christening in the Soviet Union". "Ah, well, I hope you didn't cry". Needless to say, Ashkenazy's fund of reminiscence dried up at that point.
              Last edited by Sir Velo; 08-03-13, 09:41.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                • Nov 2010

Can one disown threads? People seem to take this as an excuse to bash In Tune and/or its presenters, or presenters in general None of the responses refers to my query, so I assume that it must be my imagination.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Suszy Klein, I do rather like(as she does look rather pretty(imo). Katie Derham, on the other hand, is rather a different kettle of fish. The way she gushes etc(I just cannot stand!!
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Mr Pee
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                    Suszy Klein, I do rather like(as she does look rather pretty(imo)
                    Since the thread concerns presenters on the wireless rather than the television, do pray explain what on earth being rather pretty has to do with it?
                    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Sir Velo
                      • Oct 2012

Good face for radio?

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                        Since the thread concerns presenters on the wireless rather than the television, do pray explain what on earth being rather pretty has to do with it?
                        I'm with BBM on this.

Nothing wrong with being a rather pretty woman, even on R3 ... though you do have a point, Mr Pee.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                          I'm with BBM on this.

Nothing wrong with being a rather pretty woman, even on R3 ... though you do have a point, Mr Pee.
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Flosshilde
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                            Nothing wrong with being a rather pretty woman,
                            I look forward to you trying it, Scotty. It might teach you a thing or two

Comment

• Mr Pee
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                              I look forward to you trying it, Scotty. It might teach you a thing or two
                              Such as?

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by umslopogaas View Post
                                What's up, chaps? Dont you like the idea that women might actually know this esoteric stuff? I've known a few who have known plenty of it, and certainly more than me.
                                Not at all. Each to their own. But I'd rather spend an evening with Catherine Bott or Lucy Skeaping...than the other two you mention. Ms Derham is guaranteed to make me reach for the OFF switch within microseconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X