X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycelt

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
    Such as?

Yes, yet another truly baffling one from Flossie ...

I can only interpret his post to mean that he wants me to try to be a pretty woman.

As the more observant will note from a quick glance at my avatar that could be one heck of a 'BIG ASK'.

I fear such action might result in abject failure and also have many unintended consequences however well-intentioned was Flossie's suggestion ..

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
      Yes, yet another truly baffling one from Flossie ...

I can only interpret his post to mean that he wants me to try to be a pretty woman.

As the more observant will note from a quick glance at my avatar that could be one heck of a 'BIG ASK'.

I fear such action might result in abject failure and also have many unintended consequences however well-intentioned was Flossie's suggestion ..
      Flossie is suggesting that in saying there's nothing wrong with being a pretty woman, you know not of what you speak, scotty.

Mind you, that's never stopped you in the past

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        Flossie is suggesting that in saying there's nothing wrong with being a pretty woman, you know not of what you speak, scotty.

I'm trying to imagine Julia Roberts speaking in a Scawttish excent; I think that I'd be wise to stop...

Comment

• Mr Pee
          • Nov 2010

I always have to think twice before referring to Flosshilde's gender, because I think of him-her-her?-him? as a Rhinemaiden, who by their nature are female.

It's all very confusing.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Flosshilde
            • Nov 2010

Comment

• Mr Pee
              • Nov 2010

While apparently Flosshilde and amateur, being male as well, obviously know all about it.
              Last edited by Mr Pee; 11-03-13, 07:45.
              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

I read that as shorthand for 'There's nothing wrong with someone being a pretty woman' (objective) not that there was nothing wrong with the condition of being a pretty woman (subjective).
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  I read that as shorthand for 'There's nothing wrong with someone being a pretty woman' (objective) not that there was nothing wrong with the condition of being a pretty woman (subjective).
                  I took/take the objective view (as always!) in the matter, ff .... Flossie & Ams's position on the subject of 'pretty women' remains unclear. Are they "for" or "against"?

I am all for 'pretty women', warts and all.

Comment

• ahinton
                    • Nov 2010

I took/take the objective view (as always!) in the matter, ff .... Flossie & Ams's position on the subject of 'pretty women' remains unclear. Are they "for" or "against"?
                    The answer to this, like the women themselves, is probably in the eye of the beholder...

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                      While apparently Flosshilde and amateur, being male as well, obviously know all about it.
                      That's it MrPee, it's just no use hiding behind the arrangement of your genitals

Comment

• ahinton
                        • Nov 2010

That's it MrPee, it's just no use hiding behind the arrangement of your genitals
                        An "arrangement" of genitals is "stale gin" but, in so saying, I do not, of course, seek to undermine your point; that said people on the left and on the right here might have differing views on the subject...

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                          The answer to this, like the women themselves, is probably in the eye of the beholder...
                          I suspect the real answer is possibly that Floss 'n' Ams are wholly disinterested themselves in the subject of 'pretty women' and are clearly contemptuous of those who might well express such an interest ... ?

Comment

• Flosshilde
                            • Nov 2010

the arrangement of your genitals
                            I used to be a keen flower arranger (which could count as arranging genitals, if stamens, pistils, etc can be called genitals).

My dear chum am51 divined my meaning: if Scotty tried being a woman (I'll leave out the pretty) for a while - perhaps in the manner of Dustin Hoffman in 'Tootsy' - he might discover some of the problems women encounter in everyday life, & consequently might change some of his neanderthal attitudes (although I wouldn't hold my breath).

He might also provide some entertainment for his other half.

Comment

• amateur51

I suspect the real answer is possibly that Floss 'n' Ams are wholly disinterested themselves in the subject of 'pretty women' and are clearly contemptuous of those who might well express such an interest ... ?
                              Here we go again, scotty's out with his broad brush.

In my experience a lot of gay men are perfectly comfortable with the notion of a woman's attractiveness but a lot of straight men baulk at the idea of expressing their positive views on another man's attractiveness, lest this should reflect poorly on their masculinity and sexuality. And therein lies the nub of the problem - this isn't about 'pretty women' at all; it's about an ancient construction of masculinity.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                                I used to be a keen flower arranger (which could count as arranging genitals, if stamens, pistils, etc can be called genitals).

My dear chum am51 divined my meaning: if Scotty tried being a woman (I'll leave out the pretty) for a while - perhaps in the manner of Dustin Hoffman in 'Tootsy' - he might discover some of the problems women encounter in everyday life, & consequently might change some of his neanderthal attitudes (although I wouldn't hold my breath).

He might also provide some entertainment for his other half.
                                Er, yes, that's exactly what I thought and suggested you might mean, Flossie ...

If you don't mind I think I'm rather better suited to being a 'neanderthal' male.

Even the wife agrees on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X