X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sir Velo
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Then I got a wretched cold with mucous pouring out of my nostrils like water down Niagara Falls.
    'Snot what I want to read over my pesto, rocket and walnut salad, Dave!

Comment

• jean
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
      As far as I know, Liverpool is still in the UK (even though the people there voted Remain!).
      Glad you noted that last bit!

It looks as though Dave2002 was responsible for importing the nasty virus which then attacked me.

I've been recommended an infusion of turmeric and ginger, with honey and added pepper. Some sources say milk should be used instead of water, as tureric is more active where fat is present. Has anyone tried this?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by jean View Post
        I've been recommended an infusion of turmeric and ginger, with honey and added pepper. Some sources say milk should be used instead of water, as tureric is more active where fat is present. Has anyone tried this?
        As a cold cure, or a dressing for SirV's salad?
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          As a cold cure, or a dressing for SirV's salad?

Comment

• jean
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

He could try it, but it wasn't my idea to use it as a salad dressing!

Comment

• Ferretfancy
              • Nov 2010

Sometimes at concerts I'm bombarded with audience coughs, but I never seem to hear a musician on the platform coughing, why is this?

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                Sometimes at concerts I'm bombarded with audience coughs, but I never seem to hear a musician on the platform coughing, why is this?
                In general there are many more audience members than performers, so the odds favour the audience, but I have certainly occasionally both heard coughs from performers during performance and noted the stifling of the same.

Comment

• Sir Velo
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                  Almost certainly down to concentration IMO.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                    Ex-member
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                    Almost certainly down to concentration IMO.
                    Definitely so - if you really concentrate, you can hear them coughing.

(Great thread, btw)

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

fhg

Thanks for sympathetic comments, much appreciated. Sorry to hear about your much longer suffering. I don't think I imported my cold to Liverpool, though you never can tell. When I was there a week or so back it was still in the UK. I'm sorry about dripping over Sir V's salad and spoiling his tea! This has now just about cracked me up, and laughing and coughing are becoming painfull.

I hope you, and others with similar afflictions will recover soon, if you haven't already.

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

There do seem to be some very nasty bugs going round this winter. I usually get at least one cold during the winter but I've had one cold after another since Christmas and haven't felt 100% at all this year. I now have yet another one, or it could be the same virus returning. There certainly a lot of it about in the local area and I cannot recall things being quite so bad in previous years.

Is it the same everywhere?
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                          There do seem to be some very nasty bugs going round this winter. I usually get at least one cold during the winter but I've had one cold after another since Christmas and haven't felt 100% at all this year. I now have yet another one, or it could be the same virus returning. There certainly a lot of it about in the local area and I cannot recall things being quite so bad in previous years.

Seems to be rife around my family and friends.
                          I have had a cold for about a month now.
                          Luckily I've not ended up with a chest infection which would have been the norm not so long ago,must be all the heart medication I'm on

Comment

• ardcarp
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

Anyone remember this?

(AUDIO ONLY) South African born singer/songwriter Paddy Roberts (1910-1975) with his song L'anglais avec son sang froid (the Englishman with his usual bloody...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post

The bad cold that's doing the rounds is the one I've called The Queen's Cold - the one that kept her off the stage at Christmas. It seems to still be doing the rounds, probably mutating - I had to pop back in to Sainsbury's this morning in order to get a poor woman some cough pastilles, as she was having a dreadful coughing fit. I myself have had six colds since September - the irony is that colds have become a regularity with me since giving up smoking, following a heart attack 3 years ago; before then it would be one cold maybe every two or three years!

Comment

Working...
                              X