• antongould
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    And so she should,Germany deserved it.

Agreed ER.....

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

They did deserve it for overall performance in competition and good winning goal even if Argy had good chances to win on the night.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        They did deserve it for overall performance in competition and good winning goal even if Argy had good chances to win on the night.
        Agreed

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Sunday nights in the snug a thing of the past?

Hope you have all had a good weekend, even if your team got off to a losing start.

How are folks feeling about the Proms so far? Haven't caught that many, but loved the two I managed to get to. the atmosphere there is great. Are attendance a bit thin this year, though? Poor turnout for the DSCH this week.

Okay, hands up, who has had the tape measure out and is doing preliminary sketches for a Caliban inspired shelving project?!
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Let's get it going again.

I'm enjoying the Proms far more than seemed likely reading the Guide in April.

Splendid to have outstanding performances of the Elgar symphonies. And the Walton 1.

Quite excited to chart Leicester City's progress as from next Saturday. v Everton (home)

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              Let's get it going again.

I'm enjoying the Proms far more than seemed likely reading the Guide in April.

Splendid to have outstanding performances of the Elgar symphonies. And the Walton 1.

Quite excited to chart Leicester City's progress as from next Saturday. v Everton (home)
              Interesting question on your other thread Alison. Lets hope for some interesting replies.

I wonder what " listening projects" people have in mind, but have never quite got round to.
              Some of mine:
              The Schubert sonatas in order.
              Ring Cycle.
              Various Haydn projects. Hoping to run through the symphonies in the not too distant.
              Lots of C20 stuff such as the Holmboe SQs, and Robert Simpsons SQs.

And good luck to the Foxes in the PL. Lets hops we arent scrapping it out down the bottom !!
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

I still haven't got round to the Schumann Violin Sonatas.

Or Weinberg. That Symphony 21 looks intriguing - cheers Stanfordian.

A head spinning summer for the Saints supporter?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Blimey it's been ages hasn't it.
                  How are we all ?
                  Very interesting seasons ahead for Foxes and Saints.
                  No mention of Chelmsford FC Alison ?,and Weinberg 8 will blow your socks off,even if you don't wear socks,it's that good.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

I still haven't got round to the Schumann Violin Sonatas.

Or Weinberg. That Symphony 21 looks intriguing - cheers Stanfordian.

A head spinning summer for the Saints supporter?
                    crazy days at SMS. a £10m goalie signed yesterday !!

Think we will find points tough to come by at the start. We certainly need a top quality centre half and another decent striker(we only have one fit first team forward) if we are to repeat our mid table security of last season.
                    What are the general expections around Leicester for the season?

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Bad start for Chelmsford. It takes a while to recover from an opening day reverse.

Ok, the 8th is noted too.

Normally when we post on a Sunday evening BBM will dab something in of a Monday lunchtime. We'll see.

What happened to his Mahler 6 for brass band anyway?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Bad start for Chelmsford. It takes a while to recover from an opening day reverse.

Ok, the 8th is noted too.

Normally when we post on a Sunday evening BBM will dab something in of a Monday lunchtime. We'll see.

What happened to his Mahler 6 for brass band anyway?
                        Usually a whole season for Stockport.

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Football season back already? Hardly seems to have been away.

My long losing streak on the horses was halted yesterday with a very small win in the 3.50 at Ascot. I went to Newbury on July 19 and was hoping to go again this coming Saturday but the Haitink Prom starts at the ridiculously early time of 6.30 and I'd be concerned about any potential delay on the railways on the return journey so will skip it and stay in London.

Would love to do a Caliban style CD shelving project but before that happens there needs to be some household re-arrangement and the time just isn't there at the moment. One to pursue in due course, I think.
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                            Usually a whole season for Stockport.
                            Alan Lord will do the business.

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

There's something really likeable about Newbury. I like pulling into the racecourse station having travelled alongside the home straight! No, you can't do both races and Prom.

A longstanding birthday party prevents me from going to the Prom or listening live.

I hope the Mahler isn't too slow this time, especially the first movement.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Alan Lord will do the business.

Comment

Working...
                                X