X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Guess what guys.................I'm on leave next week,oh yes.............a whole week.

That's the good news.

The bad news....there are jobs to be done..........Mrs ER has a list......a LONG list I believe.

Wonder if she'd accept a sick note ?
    Not after being subjected to the Rite of Spring last Thursday she won't! Mrs ER's list has grown appreciably longer since then!

Have a good week off and hope there's time for some music. You can watch York races on the telly while doing the chores!
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

have a great week off ER.
      That Haydn set might be there to help you through the chores by the back end of the week.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
        Not after being subjected to the Rite of Spring last Thursday she won't! Mrs ER's list has grown appreciably longer since then!

Have a good week off and hope there's time for some music. You can watch York races on the telly while doing the chores!
        Good point Pet,I'd better keep quiet and accept the payback for the crash bang wallop on Thursday (still can't believe she said that).

Comment

• Alison
          • Nov 2010

How are we all this evening ?

Good week off Robbo ?

Some good turf investments Friday and Saturday - time to finally treat myself to Lohengrin I think.

I feel DSCH 10 coming on thanks to discussions elsewhere.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Well, took in the last game of the season, a dullish affair, but no pressure at least.
            Aleady spun DSCH last night, interrupting my attempts to get through the 9 CD Strauss set that obligingly arrived yesterday morning.
            Bank holiday weekend (and some extra days off) on the horizon.
            Well done on the nags, Alison.Wagner is a great hobby to have if you are loaded with winnings to get rid of.. That set that ThroppleNoggin bought looked scrummy.
            haven't got time to try to get into Wagener, but it looked lovely anyway !!

Wonder if ER got through that list of jobs.......
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

I've been busy and haven't even looked at the football results. Next job.

What's this Strauss set Sainty ? I don't really associate RS with boxed sets.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Yep thanks Alison and ts,good week off ,got loads done,can't wait to get back to work for a rest.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Yep thanks Alison and ts,good week off ,got loads done,can't wait to get back to work for a rest.

Alison, its this set which certain board members praise to the skies.

I am new to Strauss, but totally smitten. Got it bad.
                  Only heard the first Cd, the Horn and oboe Concertos.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Guess what guys.................I'm on leave next week,oh yes.............a whole week.

That's the good news.

The bad news....there are jobs to be done..........Mrs ER has a list......a LONG list I believe.

Wonder if she'd accept a sick note ?
                    Have a great week off ER. I don't have any tips about handling Mrs ER.

My missus is working 1.5k miles away, but has still managed to book a holiday that rules out the Proms Ring

And did the same for Havergal Brian's Gothic!

Is it deliberate I ask.

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

There are advantages to being single. Not many but some !

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Hmmmm Strauss and Wagner.
                        I don't listen to a lot of either composer.
                        I have a handful of Strauss cds,Alpensinfonie,Heldenleben and one or two of the other tone poems,all Karajan recordings,but that's about it.
                        I enjoy listening occasionally.
                        Wagner ring cycle,I bought the Bohm set few years back because I felt I should own one,only ever dipped into it.
                        It's on my list to have a listen to the whole lot,when I retire,or win the lottery.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          Yes, right now, the grass is definitely greener

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Hmmmm Strauss and Wagner.
                            I don't listen to a lot of either composer.
                            I have a handful of Strauss cds,Alpensinfonie,Heldenleben and one or two of the other tone poems,all Karajan recordings,but that's about it.
                            I enjoy listening occasionally.
                            Wagner ring cycle,I bought the Bohm set few years back because I felt I should own one,only ever dipped into it.
                            It's on my list to have a listen to the whole lot,when I retire,or win the lottery.

If there is a better way to spend £2, I wish I knew what it was.

This is just sensational, in my uneducated opinion.
                            I have to put Wagner in the same category as pipe smoking, proper coffee, etc....for those with time on their hands.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                              Have a great week off ER. I don't have any tips about handling Mrs ER.

My missus is working 1.5k miles away, but has still managed to book a holiday that rules out the Proms Ring

And did the same for Havergal Brian's Gothic!

Is it deliberate I ask.
                              try to keep up Beefy, ER has had his week off.
                              you have had your senses set off centre by GGs electro recommendations, I think.

Comment

• vinteuil
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post

... I always thought Samuel Johnson's "Marriage has many pains, but celibacy no pleasures" far too glib.

I have found pains and pleasures in marriage, and pains and pleasures in celibacy. All depends on where you are in life, and where other people are...

Comment

Working...
                                X