• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Evening all Sunday nighters,hope you are well.
    Currently off work, which is good, but for health reasons,which is bad.
    My GP recently decided there may be something a bit awry in the heart department.Could be angina or something a bit nastier, numerous tests and appointments with cardiologist done and to come.
    So rest at the moment, short walks,missing hikes With the dogs which is now my son's job.
    Hopefully my case for early retirement will be looked on favourably now.

Enough, don't want to bore you all.
    Good evening Rob.

Sorry to hear you're off work and may have some kind of heart issue that needs to be looked into. But I'm glad you're having all the obs and diagnostics - so important to get in early on these things.

Take it easy, don't fret about work, there'll be plenty of that left to go 'round when we're all dead and gone!!

Rest up and listen to LOADS of great music.

Get your TU rep or solicitor on the ill-health retirement case

Btw, I'm currently listening to selections from a 10 CD Glenn Miller box-set. Highly chillin' and highly recommended when you need to relax from the world.

Fingers crossed for you matey.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Wise words from BeefO, Edgey: all very best wishes from me, too.

(I'll listen to three - no; FOUR George Lloyd symphonies, if that will help!)
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

If you can't walk the dogs, make sure you cuddle them! Or get someone to make sure they cuddle you....

Mizzy the Wegie curls up on my bed each night. She purrs as I cuddle her back. Nothing is better than the company of animals to make you feel better. Stay close to those doggies....

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

My GP recently decided there may be something a bit awry in the heart department.Could be angina or something a bit nastier, numerous tests and appointments with cardiologist done and to come.
          So rest at the moment, short walks,missing hikes With the dogs which is now my son's job.

Take care ER .... I am sure it will all turn out well - but if you can get retirement grap it with as many arms as are available at the time. RVW will always help ....

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Sorry to hear about your current health concerns, ER.

Look after yourself, and hopefully you will get the early retirement you want, and time to do all those things you want to do, including the musical stuff that you have lined up.

(And don't worry, there is no danger at all of you boring us !)
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Sorry to hear this, ER, but maybe see your posts more often on here, perhaps, with your choice of music!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

You're all very kind,thank you.
                RVW,George Lloyd and Labradors work for me.

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

Sorry to hear this news, ER. Hope all turns out well for you.
                  "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    Sorry to hear this news, ER. Hope all turns out well for you.
                    Thank you Pet.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

A day late, but I share others' wishes Rob! And hopes for a silver lining in terms of positive outcome coupled with accelerated leisure and much more relaxed listening and posting!
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Take care, Edge, hope all turns out OK!

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
                          • Jun 2014

Any man who loves music, Stockport County and dogs (not necessarily in that order) cannot possibly be boring, ER ...

Good luck with the tests and hopefully your well-deserved early retirement!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Thanks everyone for your kind messages,they are a great help.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

I know,it's only Friday.

Well it seems my employers aren't so keen on having a 58 year old with a heart condition on their books.
                              So I will be joining the retired forumites club on the 1st of August this year.

Hopefully my ticker probs can be sorted with medication and not surgery.

Time to finally listen to that Karl Bohm Ring Cycle,read War and Peace,buy a pianer,get some lessons booked.
                              No time to lose re the latter if I'm going to master Alkan Op 39 (how hard can it be ? ) before I pop my cloggs

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                                Ex-member
                                • Sep 2013

I know,it's only Friday.

Well it seems my employers aren't so keen on having a 58 year old with a heart condition on their books.
                                So I will be joining the retired forumites club on the 1st of August this year.

Hopefully my ticker probs can be sorted with medication and not surgery.

Time to finally listen to that Karl Bohm Ring Cycle,read War and Peace,buy a pianer,get some lessons booked.
                                No time to lose re the latter if I'm going to master Alkan Op 39 (how hard can it be ? ) before I pop my cloggs
                                Well I don't know how you feel about quitting work, but I think it's welcome to the club

Glad the way forward on your cardiac issue is looking positive

Comment

Working...
                                X