X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon

Originally posted by Alison View Post

Who is in the snug tonight ?
    I'm here alone. By nice warm fire, though! Made a few short posts.

Shortly off out for a brief walk, then maybe a stint of 20 minutes at paperwork, then early night. No pint. Early start tomorrow, off up north for work.

Hope things well with you Ali, and you Cali. Have a good week.

S-S!

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

I am listening to that Kaufmann Wagner disc with some strong coffee after a day at a steam railway with my excited two year old - every other word he utters seems to be "train " at the moment .

A busy week ahead after a tiring but wonderful Cheltenham Festival.

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Mangers - not really my sort of repertoire so can't really discuss much there. Must confess I didnt realise
        Chandos turned out this sort of stuff. Funny how the eyes glaze over new release lists and only pick out known
        works !

A good week to you too S-S !

By the way, how few of us have offered much detail on our member profiles. It seems the perceived norm to say as little as possible !

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

I must have missed your Mahler 1 thread, Caliban.

Will have a nose around.

"...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

I certainly didn't agree with Tom Segal in todays Racing Post that the Cheltenham Festival wasn't as enjoyable this year.

Maybe his lack of winning selections had something to do with it.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

I am listening to some Alwyn Piano music, reflecting on a fantastic weekends footie, and trying not to think about the working week ahead.

Still, as Oscar Wilde said, the only thing worse than having a job is not having a job.

Might start a music thread. " Do you prefer violin or Piano Concertoses". Something like that. Although that one isn't my idea.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

By the way does anyone know if SOUNDS GOOD in Cheltenham is still open ?

I am hoping to go down there in a few weeks time.

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

Fantastic result for you Sainty. I'm hoping the Foxes might get your Nige if we dont go up ......

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Oh and should I sign up for BBCMM and get the Gergiev Mahler set?
                    Any wise thoughts?
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      Oh and should I sign up for BBCMM and get the Gergiev Mahler set?
                      Any wise thoughts?
                      Definitely not ! A very disappointing cycle with the version of the fourth being one of the worst records I have ever purchased !

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Fantastic result for you Sainty. I'm hoping the Foxes might get your Nige if we dont go up ......
                        It was a great result and a fantastic game of football.
                        Not seen much of you on the Footy thread Alison. Leicester making heavy weather of it.
                        FWIW,I speculate that the foxes will just make it to the playoffs.....

NA will be in demand when the compensation is sorted.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Definitely not ! A very disappointing cycle with the version of the fourth being one of the worst records I have ever purchased !
                          Ah. Good. Thanks for that. I don't really like signing up for subscriptions. Showed my Mahler ignorance there. No wonder the sales guys are shifting them by giving them away !!

A very bad Mahler 4 is kind of tragic. Shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                            • Nov 2010

I certainly didn't agree with Tom Segal in todays Racing Post that the Cheltenham Festival wasn't as enjoyable this year.

Maybe his lack of winning selections had something to do with it.

I suspect so . There was an element of this being an inbetween Festival with no Big Buck's and Kauto Star retired but I thought most of the racing was cracking .

Some of the novice chases were a bit disappointing . Dynaste and Captain Conan were both in the wrong race and should not have been avoiding the ground and a stable companion for a start . The three novice hurdles had smallish fields but were full of quality and all the four championship events were thrillers .

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              It was a great result and a fantastic game of football.
                              Not seen much of you on the Footy thread Alison. Leicester making heavy weather of it.
                              FWIW,I speculate that the foxes will just make it to the playoffs.....

NA will be in demand when the compensation is sorted.
                              I just get fed up with the whole of football when Leicester play so poorly. I accept defeat much more readily in horse racing.
                              Hoping NA doesn't go to Reading.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Are there two Cheltenham festivals? One for gee-gees and one for arts? The reason I ask is that the one I used to go to was for jazz.

Comment

Working...
                                X