Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

And wouldn't it be good if LPO/Mehta came out on CD as was also recently discussed ?

Come on Robbo, you most probably adore a Grand Grand Overture: the Domestic demands to be heard old son.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      And wouldn't it be good if LPO/Mehta came out on CD as was also recently discussed ?

Come on Robbo, you most probably adore a Grand Grand Overture: the Domestic demands to be heard old son.
      Well I do like a bit of Dyson.
      I see there's a version in the Naxos library so I promise I'll give it a try this week,how's that ?
      Oh and less of the old.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Night night all,work tomorrow

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Not too much today, if any at all!!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

Another Sunday night! Pretty uneventful week eh?

Just harking back to last week, I did play the Sinfonia Domestica mid-week and, yes, the last 15 minutes or so are an exciting listen but it was a pity the rest isn't up to Strauss's usual level of inspiration.

Solti's Tippett 4 for me tonight after Andrew Davis's superb rendition last Friday. What a shame I failed to record it though I'll catch it again on i-player before it disappears.

Must be the first Sunday night without the heating on since September!
            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Went to see Black Dyke Band today amd bought a few cds and dvds!?!?!?
              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                Another Sunday night! Pretty uneventful week eh?

Just harking back to last week, I did play the Sinfonia Domestica mid-week and, yes, the last 15 minutes or so are an exciting listen but it was a pity the rest isn't up to Strauss's usual level of inspiration.
                Solti's Tippett 4 for me tonight after Andrew Davis's superb rendition last Friday. What a shame I failed to record it though I'll catch it again on i-player before it disappears.

Must be the first Sunday night without the heating on since September!
                Snap Pet (post #9562) http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...to-now/page957

These Sunday evenings soon come round don't they ?

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

They sure do come round soon. Seem to be more frequent than Friday evenings !

Well, people's Sinopoli/Schoenberg sets are turning up gradually, so plenty of considered listening to be done.

busy week for me this week. (when isn't it?). Will have to select judiciously for the TS motor CD player.

Don't know Tippett #4. Worth getting to know, it seems.......
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

Unusually full day in London on Saturday. (Bumpkins making the most of our time in the smoke.) A small and very focussed show at Courtauld to start with - 18 early Picassos from 1901. Then two plays: Matinee - "Trelawney of the Wells" at Donmar - great fun. Less fun but still very good - "Doll's House" at Young Vic.

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Oh dear, just catching up with the Sir Colin news. I guess we don't feel much like our normal chitchat now.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        They sure do come round soon. Seem to be more frequent than Friday evenings !

Well, people's Sinopoli/Schoenberg sets are turning up gradually, so plenty of considered listening to be done.

busy week for me this week. (when isn't it?). Will have to select judiciously for the TS motor CD player.

Don't know Tippett #4. Worth getting to know, it seems.......
                        Enjoy the Schoenbergs, teamy - you're in for an adventurous and challenging time there, with lots of rewards, some of which albeit possibly hard-won but well worth it in the end.

Tippett 4, which I heard for the second time the other night, is, I have to say, not for me; and I avoided posting anything on the thread about that particular concert in consequence. I just find most of his later music too clunky - The Rose Lake being the one admirable exception.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          Oh dear, just catching up with the Sir Colin news. I guess we don't feel much like our normal chitchat now.
                          Alison you're right,it's very sad.
                          Night night all,sleep safe,soon be Monday.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            Enjoy the Schoenbergs, teamy - you're in for an adventurous and challenging time there, with lots of rewards, some of which albeit possibly hard-won but well worth it in the end.

Tippett 4, which I heard for the second time the other night, is, I have to say, not for me; and I avoided posting anything on the thread about that particular concert in consequence. I just find most of his later music too clunky - The Rose Lake being the one admirable exception.

Thanks S_A. Had a late night listen to some works from the RIAS set. There is some very exciting and beautiful music there. Some of the discussions on this forum have been very helpful in approaching this music.

time well spent !
                            Last edited by teamsaint; 15-04-13, 07:38.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

A very sad day today. I be having a a cleebrating what sir Colin Davis put to us today. A life very much worth cause to celebrate his achievements.
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

Now this is the kind of Sunday evening I like! The one that comes before a Bank Holiday Monday.

Had an excellent Guineas weekend having made a nice £110 profit from Saturday's Newmarket races. Just off to look at my wish list...
                                Last edited by Petrushka; 05-05-13, 22:49. Reason: typo
                                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                                X