X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mangerton
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

the more way out ones live in the Bach of beyond, suppose. And do their shopping at Viv Aldi.
    Yes, and they make out a Chopin Liszt before they go.

I must point out that these Bach "jokes" don't work terribly well in Scotland, where we can pronounce the name correctly.

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
      Yes, and they make out a Chopin Liszt before they go.

I must point out that these Bach "jokes" don't work terribly well in Scotland, where we can pronounce the name correctly.
      And the same applies to the Welsh, btw

Comment

• mangerton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
        Yes, thanks, Roehre. I rather thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure.

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
          • Nov 2010

Baroque-around-the-clock
          BBC Radio 3 to reflect Red Nose Day with a 12-hour Baroque music marathon as part of month-long Baroque Spring season.
          • Top of the Baroque: BBC Radio 3 presenters battle it out to persuade listeners to support their favourite Baroque work
          • Beastly Baroque: Simon Russell Beale stars in five hilarious sketches, bringing the Baroque to life from Monday 11 March
          • Dance Baroque: BBC Radio 3 puts the swing into the 18th century with a live concert from York University

I mean, this is truly beyond parody.

Comment

• Suffolkcoastal
            • Nov 2010

Looks like R3 has sunk even lower, it must be half way to the Earth's core by now. I fear that once it reaches the core it will implode and cease to exist.

I suppose the works on Top of the Baroque will be the Four Seasons, Messiah (or Zadok the Priest), Toccata & Fugue in D minor (the well known one), Dido & Aeneas and the Pachelbel Kanon. Plus I expect lots of phone-ins begging listeners to request their favourite Baroque works, as long as its one of the well known ones

R3 is going beyond the stage of embarrasing, to just plain naff.

Comment

• salymap
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

How many more words and phrases are R3 going to ruin, for me at least?

Schubertfest, Essential, now Baroque. Damn, they've made me start a list.

Comment

• doversoul1
                Ex Member
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                D'you think if we all club together to donate to Comic Relief we can persuade them Not To?
                If only we had even a half-millionaire amongst us…

Do you think this and the Baroque Spring thread on the EMS board may be joined?

[ed] On the other hand, if the thread on the EMS is more about music than the programme, maybe best as it is.
                Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 04-03-13, 11:59.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                  Yes, thanks, Roehre. I rather thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure.
                  they don't really work that well down here either, TBF......
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

We best get a lottery syndicate on the go!!
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post

Its somebody else's fault, I reckon !
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• mercia
                        • Nov 2010

someone has forgotten to tell Ulrich he should be playing the Toccata & Fugue in F, which this is not

nor was it a Prelude & Fugue in F as announced
                        Last edited by mercia; 04-03-13, 15:54.

Comment

• Gordon
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
                          Sure does!! Pa rhan o'r gogledd wyt ti'n byw R? Cefais fy magu yn ardal Gogledd-Dwyrain Cymru, ac eis i i'r ysgol ramadeg yn Yr Wyddgrug!
                          Last edited by Gordon; 04-03-13, 22:01.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by salymap View Post

I used to like the word breakfast.

Comment

• doversoul1
                              Ex Member
                              • Dec 2010

Afternoon on 3 Monday 4 March

the famous 'Eurovision' trumpet fanfare

This is Radio3’s official introduction to Charpentier's Te Deum.
                              Katie Derham repeated this and added something about Cliff Richard before the music was played.
                              Katie Derham presents Baroque music, by Charpentier, Bach, Telemann and Marais.

Any one of the three TTN presenters would have briefly mentioned afterwards, probably saying something like ‘you may have been reminded of a certain song contest’ and no more.

For a supposedly feature programme, I find the whole thing remarkably featureless. Did even a slightest bit of thinking go into the production?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
                                Afternoon on 3 Monday 4 March

the famous 'Eurovision' trumpet fanfare

This is Radio3’s official introduction to Charpentier's Te Deum.
                                Katie Derham repeated this and added something about Cliff Richard before the music was played.
                                Katie Derham presents Baroque music, by Charpentier, Bach, Telemann and Marais.

Any one of the three TTN presenters would have briefly mentioned afterwards, probably saying something like ‘you may have been reminded of a certain song contest’ and no more.

For a supposedly feature programme, I find the whole thing remarkably featureless. Did even a slightest bit of thinking go into the production?
                                The thing that got me about that Afternoon prog was that it was billed in the Radio Times as showcasing 'French baroque masterpieces' ... but in its 2½ duration it included 20 minutes of familiar Charpentier and 10 minutes of Marais... Otherwise, Bach, Telemann, Scarlatti... Not complaining but... :duh: There are enough French pieces to fill 2½ hours, Radio 3 people...
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X