Fancy a few more pints in the Union bar....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
    Wake up.

It is effectively written off....hardly anyone is going to end up paying it.

You should go out and talk to those who have this loan. They don't give a diddly-squat about it. Neither should you...if you could, just for once, look beyond your narrow viewpoint of the world/UK.

What you should focus on is the overdraft that the banks inveigle them to sign up to AFTERWARDS. That is where the problem lies.
    Hummm I do
    I teach at several Universities and am also a parent of someone at one
    so my waking state is fine thanks

What YOU should do is maybe stop telling other people what their priorities should be
    the statistics of the numbers of folk applying to go to study this year show how much the fees issue is a disincentive particularly for courses in subjects that aren't geared directly towards employment afterwards.

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
      • Apr 2007

Hmm, interesting idea this! My first (residential) university degree - Eng Lang & Lit - had very little relevance to the career () that I went into - trading standards. I believe this is very common even today. (I did a slightly more relavant degree, LL.B., as an external student later in my spare time.)

So in my sadly imminent old age, what degree course should I sign up for with optimal irrelevancy to my as-yet-unknown retirement work?? I would of course want to do a suitably stimulating one! Evelyn Waugh's suggestion of a BA in Comparative Lipsticks and Lampshade Making does once again sound highly alluring
      I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
        Wake up.

It is effectively written off....hardly anyone is going to end up paying it.

You should go out and talk to those who have this loan. They don't give a diddly-squat about it. Neither should you...if you could, just for once, look beyond your narrow viewpoint of the world/UK.

What you should focus on is the overdraft that the banks inveigle them to sign up to AFTERWARDS. That is where the problem lies.
        ....I thought Michael Winner was dead.....
        bong ching

Comment

Working...
        X