• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Revenge of the Press?

Post Leveson and getting it in before the new 'regime' are the tabloids trying to blow up every institution in the land? Horsemeat; abuse, criminal neglect, criminal conspiracies at both domestic and organisational levels etc etc ... are they getting their own back? .... or is it 'culture' what done it?

i do not recall such an unrelenting flow of scandal as in recent years ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • ahinton
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    Post Leveson and getting it in before the new 'regime' are the tabloids trying to blow up every institution in the land? Horsemeat; abuse, criminal neglect, criminal conspiracies at both domestic and organisational levels etc etc ... are they getting their own back? .... or is it 'culture' what done it?

i do not recall such an unrelenting flow of scandal as in recent years ...
    I rather doubt it, except to the extent that more people might be wanting to come forward with "scandals" as a partial consequence of Leveson, perhaps out of concern that the implementation of some or all of Leveson's recommendations might otherwise undermine the exposure of certain things that they feel need to be exposed; who can say for sure? I'd probably be rather more prepared to put my money on there simply being more such things to report and more people wanting to ensure that they are so reported, whatever their agendas might be in so doing (and, for the record and for the avoidance of misunderstanding, my use of the term "agendas" is specifically NOT intended as a pejorative!).

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

quite so ahinton but i bet the tabloids are enjoying the discomforts of others eh ....

[and i forgot the plod fitting up a member of the Cabinet and getting him sacked; just like the Yard of old eh ...]
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
      X