• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jean
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    But, in any case, the Bull MB - the most popular of TA boards (?) - has as much to do with The Archers as Platform 3 has with Radio 3.
    Quite so!

It was especially galling that it was allowed to continue when all the other Radio 4 boards were axed.

(I think they also have a Village Hall where they offer each other therapy and stuff.)

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

It means it's interesting enough to many people that they switch on and watch it (but it's not really valid to compare the ratings for a television prog with those of a radio one - as you know, of course ).
      Yes, of course I do - and I did indeed think about that when citing the X Factor but couldn't immediately think of a similar radio-only programme title to quote instead!

But, in any case, the Bull MB - the most popular of TA boards (?) - has as much to do with The Archers as Platform 3 has with Radio 3.
      Do I take it that you mean it's full of bull?

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jean View Post
        It was especially galling that it was allowed to continue when all the other Radio 4 boards were axed.
        Especially since the reason for it that I was given (My Q. 'Why are we losing all our on-topic boards, when The Archers boards don't have much to do with the programme and are continuing?') was their huge popularity. Which didn't explain why the R6Music ones continued, which hardly had any posts - certainly compared at that time with R3's - also now being finally closed, whereas we lost ours over two years ago.

Add And I see the R6 announcement got one reply from a listener who says he hadn't used the MB for a while anyway. The second board hasn't had a response at all ...
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by jean View Post
          (I think they also have a Village Hall where they offer each other therapy and stuff.)
          That was quite weird, people confessing to obsessive compulsive disorders, like their listening to Radio 3 habit. They tried to start a classical music and opera thread there but decided that the R3 Mbers who joined in were downright rude and snooty
          I think the reason the Archers MB carried on so long was due to Keri Davies the author? producer? of Mustardland?

Comment

• salymap
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

I listened to The Archers from the beginning in 1951 until Phil Archer [Norman Painting] died. He was a fine musician and a good actor IMO. I feel I've outgrown it now and have never seen the message boards.

Comment

• Karafan
              • Nov 2010

Yes, yet another silly, shortsighted move by the Beeb. I shall be moving across to the replacement board at http://www.paranormal.org.uk/mustard...70ae0744f22273

There has been some great fun to be had on the old MB, but since we have made a success of FoR3, its closure doesn't fill me with quite as much gloom, knowing that we listeners can still go and do our own thing, without official sanction (or interference!).

K.
              "Let me have my own way in exactly everything, and a sunnier and more pleasant creature does not exist." Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Working...
              X