X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    TO some folks CP means something else entirely
    and it didn't give equal rights at all as has been pointed out over and over
    but I guess delusion goes with the smoked fish territory

What rights did CP not afford?

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
      What rights did CP not afford?
      zzzzzzzz

Try being in one
      have children
      go abroad
      child gets ill
      you are NOT necessarily the Next of Kin
      and so on

and you can spank on all you like , it's hardly the end of the world

maybe (as Sandi Toksvig said) maybe gay people will do for marriage what they have done for musical theatre

and anyway if you don't agree with it
      don't get married to someone of the same sex ....... it's quite simple
      you don't need to refer to the sky fairy
      Last edited by MrGongGong; 04-06-13, 22:16.

Comment

• Vile Consort
        • Nov 2010

A number of their lordships have amply demonstrated their familiarity with the Slippery Slope Fallacy - though evidently without realising that it is a fallacy. Fortunately the majority are bright enough to see through such nonsense dressed up as argument.

Comment

• Beef Oven

zzzzzzzz

Try being in one
          have children
          go abroad
          child gets ill
          you are NOT necessarily the Next of Kin
          and so on

and you can spank on all you like , it's hardly the end of the world

maybe (as Sandi Toksvig said) maybe gay people will do for marriage what they have done for musical theatre
          Children? Yes, that would be a challenge - what fucking planet do you live on!!!?

Go abroad? CP does not require the surrendering of your passport! And Which countries are 'we' thinking of anyway?

Child gets ill - see your point about not being able to have children, make yer bleedin' mind up

And so on? Read, frig-all that you can think of.

End of the world - No, but end of marriage as we know it Jim

Musical theatre? I think you'll find that gay people have contributed quite a bit more to this world than entertainment and music.

Politics and ideology has so much to answer for

Comment

• MrGongGong
            • Nov 2010

Children? Yes, that would be a challenge - what fucking planet do you live on!!!?
            From "Angel's Egg".Tracks 8-10. Oily way (Allen/Malherbe); Outer Temple (Blake/Hillage); Inner Temple (Allen/Malherbe)Daevid Allen, guitars & vocalsTim Bla...

Don't be obtuse

This is the start of the disestablishment of the CofE we hope

Comment

• Beef Oven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3vClNY0jbU

Don't be obtuse

This is the start of the disestablishment of the CofE we hope
              Having children is not a political right, it's something that comes about very naturally and very easily.

Don't be a knob.

Don't drag the mighty Gong into your perfidity.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                • Nov 2010

Having children is not a political right, it's something that comes about very naturally and very easily.

Don't be a knob.
                Who said it was a right ?

Gay people have children you know ........it's something that comes about
                but I guess you don't agree that the children of gay people should be treated the same
                so much for equality then

Comment

• Beef Oven

Who said it was a right ?

Gay people have children you know ........it's something that comes about
                  but I guess you don't agree that the children of gay people should be treated the same
                  so much for equality then
                  I whole-heartedly support equal rights, facilities and legal provision for gay couples that have children.

BUT

You do not have to have same sex marriage to afford the same rights to gay couples regarding children. What bit of that can you not get your bonce around?

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

I

You do not have to have same sex marriage to afford the same rights to gay couples regarding children. What bit of that can you not get your bonce around?
                    FFS
                    YES YOU DO if they want to travel
                    which isn't the only reason why it's long overdue

Equal marriage means equal not just in legal terms
                    it's a symbolic act to show that we are equal but different

simple
                    and a load of silly old men and daft christian fantasists shouldn't be allowed to define anyones life ..............

I fail to see why anyone (apart from the religionists who will object to anything that suits them) would find this offensive
                    or even be so bothered about it ?

For my gay friends its a great step forward

Comment

• Beef Oven

FFS
                      YES YOU DO if they want to travel
                      which isn't the only reason why it's long overdue

Equal marriage means equal not just in legal terms
                      it's a symbolic act to show that we are equal but different

simple
                      and a load of silly old men and daft christian fantasists shouldn't be allowed to define anyones life ..............

I fail to see why anyone (apart from the religionists who will object to anything that suits them) would find this offensive
                      or even be so bothered about it ?

For my gay friends its a great step forward
                      FFS ALRIGHT, ALREADY!! You don't have to be married to travel!!!!! Jesus Wept!!!!

No-one is defining anyone's life, except the SSM proponents have dictated to billions of people that their notion of marriage has to be re-defined! most people are shit-scared to say they don't agree!!

You fail to see...? Open your eyes Sonny Jim!!! get married (so you can travel) and go to, say, for example, randomly chosen, FRANCE.

And some of my gay friends DON'T think it's a step forward, but then I've taken the trouble to talk to them. And ner-nicky-ner-ner, I bet I've got more gay friends than you have!!!!!

Comment

• MrGongGong
                        • Nov 2010

What's the problem with "re-defining" things anyway ?

When I was young a Song meant something with people singing (or even "without words" ? ) now it means "all sounds we consider to be music"
                        surely this is much more annoying and detrimental to society than equal marriage ?

You don't seem to have that with music ?
                        (but if you do develop Bufton Tufton tendencies send over the CD collection as i'm sure there's lots of weird stuff that I would love )

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Beef Oven

What's the problem with "re-defining" things anyway ?
                          It's about proportionality.

You are in favour of re-defining marriage so gay people can travel to Nigeria (), to better manage child illness () and symbolic notions of giving a message about equality, when we already have equality via civil partnership.

You think we should fundamentally change marriage to clear up confusion about next of kin issues? Please get real!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ahinton
                            • Nov 2010

It's about proportionality.

You are in favour of re-defining marriage so gay people can travel to Nigeria (), to better manage child illness () and symbolic notions of giving a message about equality, when we already have equality via civil partnership.
                            At the risk of intruding on private grief
                            In the guise of a duo 'twixt gong and beef...

Er - the availability of civil partnerships to some and marriage to others constitutes / represents "equality", does it? On such a basis, it would appear that the word that might need redefining is "equality", not "marriage"...

Anyway, to what extent does it matter now, after the event? The attempt to defeat the legislation in HoL has been scuppered and so, like France (a country where some might have expected a good deal less than in Britain in terms of the possible success of same sex marriage legislation), same sex marriage is here to stay until and unless some future government successfully contrives to overturn the legislation that enables it.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                              • Nov 2010

When I was young a Song meant something with people singing (or even "without words" ? ) now it means "all sounds we consider to be music"
                              Really? That particular re-definition must have passed me by.
                              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                                Really? That particular re-definition must have passed me by.
                                That's because you live in the 1950's ?

Comment

Working...
                                X