X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    No - same-sex marriage is 'putting it right'. Civil Partnerships aren't recognised in many countries, so people in a CP wouldn't have the same rights as married people would.

but you really don't get it, do you?
    No, CP puts it right. We can't legislate for the whole world - who do you think you are? Ronald Regan? George Bush? Tony Blair?

And, if the country doesn't recognise a CP, don't go there!

Btw, you have point. Nigeria is one of those countries that doesn't recognise civil partnerships (I guess). If this law is passed, it will mean that gay married couples will be able to relocate from London and live there unfettered because they have a marriage certificate!!!.

Doncha just love Radio3forumfantasyland?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-06-13, 21:30. Reason: I gave Regan a capital R in his surname

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
      No - same-sex marriage is 'putting it right'. Civil Partnerships aren't recognised in many countries, so people in a CP wouldn't have the same rights as married people would.

but you really don't get it, do you?
      Oh I get it missus, I just don't agree, and I aint afraid to say so

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
        You might not agree
        but it's a lost cause for those who think there's something wrong with gay people having the same rights as the rest of society
        so probably time to get over it

it's long overdue and maybe the only decent thing that this joke government have done

Comment

• amateur51

Nige & the UKippers would be proud of you, Beefy

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Nige & the UKippers would be proud of you, Beefy
            Bloody hope so

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
              You might not agree
              but it's a lost cause for those who think there's something wrong with gay people having the same rights as the rest of society

it's long overdue and maybe the only decent thing that this joke government have done

Comment

• amateur51

Bloody hope so
                That's your tragedy .. no way back now

Comment

• Beef Oven

You might not agree

CP gave equal rights you silly sausage - get on 'n get up with it, 'n get off the revenge-politics band-wagon

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    That's your tragedy .. no way back now
                    No, no way back, well done!

So anyway, do I get an invite to this bleedin' wedding!!!?

Comment

• ahinton
                      • Nov 2010

Last edited by Beef Oven; Today at 21:30. Reason: I gave Regan a capital R in his surname
                      But you didn't think to include the all-importantly missing A to which all orchestras tune, irrespective of the extent of the overall gayness or heterosexuality of their personnel; It's not Regan but Reagan (a pedant writes)...

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                        But you didn't think to include the all-importantly missing A to which all orchestras tune, irrespective of the extent of their overall gayness or heterosexuality; It's not Regan but Reagan (a pedant writes)...
                        Your thinking of the erstwhile American president. I was referring to Ronald Regan of 461a Ocean Boulevard Florida. Don't be so arrogant to say he doesn't know how to spell his own name.

Btw, he guested Paul Simon's 'You can call me Al', Al.

Comment

• ahinton
                          • Nov 2010

maybe the only decent thing that this joke government have done
                          Speaking of which (and sorry to go off-topic temporarily) did anyone notice the sheer angry dissociativeness in the face of the non-singing Dave during today's service at Westminster Abbey to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the coronation of HM Queen Elizabeth II?...

Comment

• ahinton
                            • Nov 2010

Your thinking of the erstwhile American president. I was referring to Ronald Regan of 461a Ocean Boulevard Florida. Don't be so arrogant to say he doesn't know how to spell his own name.

Btw, he guested Paul Simon's 'You can call me Al', Al.
                            Oh, really (in all particulars)? - but what was the point of your reference to him in the context concerned? What is the possible relevance of his input therein? - and from what source did you obtain his mailing address?...

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                              Oh, really (in all particulars)? - but what was the point of your reference to him in the context concerned? What is the possible relevance of his input therein? - and from what source did you obtain his mailing address?...
                              He gave me his address, he's my friend (I have others too).

Comment

• MrGongGong
                                • Nov 2010

CP gave equal rights you silly sausage -
                                TO some folks CP means something else entirely
                                and it didn't give equal rights at all as has been pointed out over and over
                                but I guess delusion goes with the smoked fish territory

Comment

Working...
                                X