X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
    Hey, you don't expect me to go quite that easily, do you ...?

Thanks for all your kind sentiments, especially from those with whom I've invariably found myself in deep disagreement, in the past. I think the current state of the Scotland football team and the fact that there is not a Bruckner symphony broadcast daily on R3 finally got to me yesterday!

I'm now a reformed character and won't be contributing to any more threads such as this and any at all on the subject of religion (there is no fool like an old fool!) though I shall continue to post on other matters and, more importantly, learn from others on this excellent Forum. It is crammed full with far too many interesting, intelligent and witty people to suddenly decide it's not for me. How silly and self-defeating that would be ...

Now, thank you all again and it's back to business!
    This a very good news scotty, you're far too much a part of this forum for us to lose you without a fight. After all we all need someone to measure ourselves against

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Thanks for all your kind sentiments, especially from those with whom I've invariably found myself in deep disagreement, in the past. I think the current state of the Scotland football team and the fact that there is not a Bruckner symphony broadcast daily on R3 finally got to me yesterday!

I'm now a reformed character and won't be contributing to any more threads such as this and any at all on the subject of religion (there is no fool like an old fool!) though I shall continue to post on other matters and, more importantly, learn from others on this excellent Forum. It is crammed full with far too many interesting, intelligent and witty people to suddenly decide it's not for me. How silly and self-defeating that would be ...

Good to see that you're still here.

Please do not, however, feel under any obligation to refrain from discussion of topics such as this one or indeed religious matters; this forum imposes no constraints upon what might be discussed here, provided that they do not contravene prevailing law and that such discussion is done in a civilised manner.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
        Good to see that you're still here.

Please do not, however, feel under any obligation to refrain from discussion of topics such as this one or indeed religious matters; this forum imposes no constraints upon what might be discussed here, provided that they do not contravene prevailing law and that such discussion is done in a civilised manner.
        I completely agree with every point here.

Good to see that you've not left us, scotty.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Stephen Whitaker

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
          You got me Sussed! I want it! It's sold out

There's a download here

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Stephen Whitaker View Post
            Thanks SW

Comment

• Beef Oven

Great - you're a vital part of these boards!!- but don't refrain from politics/religion discussions - it doesn't make sense to do that

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

No, quite, it's no fun being an atheist if there's no-one to argue with And speaking as Brucknerian of Jacobite stock I think we have a fair amount in common

Comment

• ahinton
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                  No, quite, it's no fun being an atheist if there's no-one to argue with And speaking as Brucknerian of Jacobite stock I think we have a fair amount in common
                  Well, speaking as a non-Christian non-Catholic but by no means anti-Christian or anti-Catholic Scotsman who nevertheless takes a view on the actual and desired relationships between secular laws and Church rules/dogma that may not be everyone's cup of Communion wine, I submit that scotty and I are not quite as many poles apart as some might suspect!...

Comment

• Pabmusic
                    • May 2011

Well, it's been a while but I thought this ought to be here. The New Zealand MP sums it all up so well:

MP Maurice Williamson used science and common sense to defend New Zealand's gay marriage bill from 'fire and brimstone' in a speech to Parliament.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                      Well, it's been a while but I thought this ought to be here. The New Zealand MP sums it all up so well:

http://www.theage.com.au/world/the-s...418-2i1rm.html
                      That is a cracking speech !

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                        That is a cracking speech !
                        Yes indeed

Comment

• amateur51

"Two men have become the first gay couple to wed in France, just days after President Francois Hollande signed the same-sex marriage bill into law.

Vincent Autin and Bruno Boileau said "oui" in the southern city of Montpellier amid tight security.

Mr Hollande had warned he would not accept any disruption to the ceremony.

The new legislation has proved controversial and sparked violent protests.

The anti-gay-marriage lobby, backed by the Catholic Church and conservative opposition, argues the bill undermines an essential building block of society.

The ceremony was broadcast live on French TV"

France's first gay wedding takes place amid tight security, just days after the controversial same-sex marriage bill was signed into law.

I'm sitting here grinning ... aaaaawwwww

Comment

• MrGongGong
                            • Nov 2010

Bravo

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              "Two men have become the first gay couple to wed in France, just days after President Francois Hollande signed the same-sex marriage bill into law.

Vincent Autin and Bruno Boileau said "oui" in the southern city of Montpellier amid tight security.

Mr Hollande had warned he would not accept any disruption to the ceremony.

The new legislation has proved controversial and sparked violent protests.

The anti-gay-marriage lobby, backed by the Catholic Church and conservative opposition, argues the bill undermines an essential building block of society.

The ceremony was broadcast live on French TV"

France's first gay wedding takes place amid tight security, just days after the controversial same-sex marriage bill was signed into law.

I'm sitting here grinning ... aaaaawwwww
                              Don't grin, go and get married Or maybe it aint about that for you ::

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

Bravo
                                Politics and power struggles, what's love got to do with it, just a second hand emotion

Comment

Working...
                                X