X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard Barrett

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
    which I suspect only you and your little clique of chums find amusing.
    You really are a rather humourless individual aren't you.

Comment

• Mr Pee
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
      You really are a rather humourless individual aren't you.
      I thought I was Baldrick? Make your mind up.......
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Among the most sensible recent posts in this thread (yes, there have been some!), those of PabMusic and Richard Barrett seem to me to encapsulate well the essence of what matters about this subject, the former by pointing out that a marriage, whatever more it may also be, is a legal contract and so the current definition of it must therefore accord to current law and only to current law and, when that law changes, the definition changes with it - and the latter by pointing out that humans are by nature not frozen in aspic and that everything about humanity and human life is constantly developing and morphing;p next to such good sense, the apparent humourlessness or otherwise of Mr Pee does rather seem to be of quite minor significance ad not on-topic in any case.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post

Scotty, you really are a priceless idiot.You seem to have a deep-seated fear of words changing their meaning. If that's what a Jesuit education does it's a very poor one. There are many examples - try 'symphony'.
          It's maybe worth remembering that Christians believe fundamentally in the notion that "In the beginning was the Word" - and in this, as in the other religions of Judaic lineage, Christianity differs from Hinduism and Buddhism. The latter regard "the word" as representative of the thing, but not the thing itself. Reality consists in change, impermanence, and will always outwit attempts to grasp it within the net of words and concepts, useful though they be if understood as person-made means of guidance, subjectable to change in accord with practicality. More in line with Saussurean linguistics, in other words, to coin a pun. Confusing described with description is an important part of maya, or illusion, as defined in these traditions. Hence all those stories about life as being about not confusing the map for the journey, the menu for the meal. To illustrate this, the Zen master might then jump on scotty's toe, and when scotty responded by shouting out loud, would say, "What are you saying? Where is this Word which you say is at the beginning? What is a beginning?" And he would hope that scotty would be instantly enlightened thereby.

Comment

• amateur51

It amazes me that you have the hypocrisy to accuse others of not engaging with a debate, and yet most of your posts consist of little more than lame "jokes" which I suspect only you and your little clique of chums find amusing.
            There you go with your pathetic solipsistic world view. Are you seriously suggesting that I should be posting jokes to amuse you, PeeMeister.

This thread is nothing to do with you but you've been hanging around it like a bad smell. Its ramifications are way beyond your 'intellect', as everyone can see from your 'contributions'.

Go back to posting about Sky (I see you've had one up today, apparently against your deal with the administrator) or Formula 1, which I noticed degenerated into a handbags in the fast lane storm yesterday - just your scene I'm sure

Comment

• Mr Pee
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

This thread is nothing to do with you but you've been hanging around it like a bad smell. Its ramifications are way beyond your 'intellect', as everyone can see from your 'contributions'.

Go back to posting about Sky (I see you've had one up today, apparently against your deal with the administrator) or Formula 1, which I noticed degenerated into a handbags in the fast lane storm yesterday - just your scene I'm sure
              Why is this thread nothing to do with me? Since when have threads been subject to some sort of vetting system? Is it only Catholics or "intellectual" homosexuals such as yourself who are allowed to contribute?

As for my mention of Sky Arts today, it could not be construed as a plug in any shape or form, even surely to you, who seems to think there should be a blanket ban on any mention of the broadcaster; although you apparently now wish me to go back to posting about it. Once again, do try and make your mind up.

(And yes, as if you care, I did enjoy the Malaysian GP yesterday, and the bust-up at Red Bull has certainly added some spice to the season.)
              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• amateur51

Why is this thread nothing to do with me? Since when have threads been subject to some sort of vetting system? Is it only Catholics or "intellectual" homosexuals such as yourself who are allowed to contribute?

As for my mention of Sky Arts today, it could not be construed as a plug in any shape or form, even surely to you, who seems to think there should be a blanket ban on any mention of the broadcaster; although you apparently now wish me to go back to posting about it. Once again, do try and make your mind up.

(And yes, as if you care, I did enjoy the Malaysian GP yesterday, and the bust-up at Red Bull has certainly added some spice to the season.)
                It's got nothing to do with you because you're too thick to do anything other than act as Baldrick to scotty's Pope Benedict.

Sorry that's rather baldly put but I'm getting fed up with humouring you on a thread that's quite important to some of us

Comment

• Flosshilde
                  • Nov 2010

I do wonder about pp's apparent affinity with little cartoon characters.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                    • Nov 2010

It's got nothing to do with you because you're too thick to do anything other than act as Baldrick to scotty's Pope Benedict.

Sorry that's rather baldly put but I'm getting fed up with humouring you on a thread that's quite important to some of us
                    If it's really that important, perhaps you should make some constructive contributions yourself, instead of lame jokes and personalised abuse. Why is this thread important to you anyway? What actual difference will it make to your day to day life whether Scotty agrees with you or not?

If this messageboard is really that important to you, then you really need to get out more.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• amateur51

If it's really that important, perhaps you should make some constructive contributions yourself, instead of lame jokes and personalised abuse. Why is this thread important to you anyway? What actual difference will it make to your day to day life whether Scotty agrees with you or not?

If this messageboard is really that important to you, then you really need to get out more.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                        • Nov 2010

Well done. You have illustrated my point perfectly.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                          • Nov 2010

There speaks the man? who's main activity seems to be seeking out yet more animated cartoons to 'entertain' us with.

Comment

• amateur51

Well done. You have illustrated my point perfectly.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                              Scotty, you really are a priceless idiot..

You ain't seen anything yet, baby ...

Comment

• Flosshilde
                                • Nov 2010

I doubt that you've got anything to show me that I haven't seen already - and better.

Comment

Working...
                                X