X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
    I've always enjoyed the old Irish joke ( with asterisks! )
    "Paddy! Have you heard ? Saun's a homosexual !
    " Well there's a thing! I've been ******* him for years, and thought he was an electrician ! " (I'll get me coat )

I hope they'll be very happy together

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post

Not as far as I'm concerned. That should only be offered to those who have officially committed to a lifelong union.
      I'll say it again
      give it up Scotty
      you really will only make yourself unhappy in persisting with these fantasies
      why not put some of your energy into something more constructive ?
      how about writing a string quartet ?
      I'm sure , as you have obviously listened to lots you could make something interesting

You might mourn the loss of the influence of the church BUT there are many many people (thinking about this for example http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8482083.html) who are more than a little relieved that this is the case.
      As I have said before, some folk in your church DO do good things BUT that seems to be in spite of rather than because of the Pope and the rest of them.
      Given what has been perpetrated by these religionists I really think that we need to remove their influence all together...

Comment

• amateur51

A gay parent responds to David Jones MP's outburst.

Charlie Condou: I was shocked to hear a minister say that families like mine aren't 'safe' environments for children. Cameron must act now
        Last edited by Guest; 16-02-13, 14:47. Reason: second name wrong today!!

Comment

• Angle
          • Dec 2010

Ams is firing on all cylinders today - and I feel all the better for it.

Comment

• MrGongGong
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Angle View Post
            Me too

Comment

• Mr Pee
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Oh that auld con?!

Why should the commitment of two women, for example, be any less valid than that of a man and a woman?

According to official data Office of National Statistics):

• 34% of marriages are expected to end in divorce by the 20th wedding anniversary
              • The number of divorces in 2011 was highest among men and women aged 40 to 44
              • The average marriage is expected to last for 32 years

Anyone for a life-long union?
              Ok, so a minority of marriages will end in divorce at the twenty year mark, which means that in a large proportion of those cases the kids will be 18 years old or thereabouts.

And the AVERAGE marriage is expected to last for 32 years. Which means quite a number will last a lot longer. Actually, 32 years strikes me as a pretty long time.

Do you have any similar statistics for the average duration of a homosexual partnership, Amsy?

No, I thought not.
              Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Angle View Post

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                  Me too

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                    Ok, so a minority of marriages will end in divorce at the twenty year mark, which means that in a large proportion of those cases the kids will be 18 years old or thereabouts.

And the AVERAGE marriage is expected to last for 32 years. Which means quite a number will last a lot longer. Actually, 32 years strikes me as a pretty long time.

Do you have any similar statistics for the average duration of a homosexual partnership, Amsy?

No, I thought not.
                    What database would ONS use, Mr Pee?

Before typing, engage brain .... what am I saying?

Comment

• Mr Pee
                      • Nov 2010

Oh for heaven's sake.

Get a room.
                      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                        • Nov 2010

What database would ONS use, Mr Pee?
                        Well isn't that convenient.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

No, I thought not.
                          FFS

Where you stick your bits matters not a jot to whether you are capable of being a good parent

This is a total red herring pile of nonsense that seems to be a load of religionists clutching at any straw to try and find some kind of "logical" justification for their views and beliefs.

Most heterosexual relationships don't last more than a few months, guess what , my wife wasn't the first woman I had a relationship with. You are not comparing like with like at all. How many gay marriages end in divorce ? oooooh we don't know because we haven't had any yet

Comment

• amateur51

Well isn't that convenient.
                            Not at all, MrPee I'd love to be able to provide data for you, believe me.

Comment

• Julien Sorel

statistics for the average duration of a homosexual partnership
                              Is there any reason to suppose that long term same sex partnerships are any less (or more) likely to survive the tests and strains of any long term relationship than different sex partnerships?

Do you think there's something intrinsically different in terms of seriousness of commitment between same sex and different sex partnerships? If you do, why?

(Sorry for all the questions but I genuinely don't understand what the difference is in terms of ability to care for a child's emotional and material needs between a different sex couple and a same sex couple. Or why some heterosexuals - being heterosexual myself - are so adamantly opposed to same sex adoption. Or to "gay marriage," indeed. I realise that religious reasons are adduced for opposing either or both, though again it seems an odd use of religion to set out to make people who have done no harm to anyone unhappy, but scottycelt doesn't want to talk about religion preferring to invoke nature and Nature. Are your objections religious?)

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Julien Sorel View Post
                                You keep putting words in single quotes; had you written "sin" then I'd have recognised it as a quotation.
                                Are you American ... ?

I agree the rules regarding inverted commas are rather blurred these days and I gave up worrying about such trivia years ago, I certainly plead guilty to some inconsistency as I now rarely use the "double".

However, when I was at school, it was the single inverted commas which indicated a direct quote and I have been faithful to that particular practice ever since.

If you had ticked me off for using the single inverted commas for indirect quotes your point may have had some validity!

Comment

Working...
                                X