• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P. G. Tipps
    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Counter-Reformation?

That anything to do with the excellent Mary Portas?
    Bloody Papist ... and she once had a Saturday job with that pinko outfit John Lewis ... AND her father was Sales Director of Brooke Bond Tea ...

Comment

• Anna

Questions raised about various wrong sides of the blankets (or 'false paternity result' in PC-speak!) re new DNA evidence of Richard III's cousins:
      Tests on descendants of last Plantagenet king point to ‘false paternity event’ and reveal he may have been blue-eyed blond

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Questions raised about various wrong sides of the blankets (or 'false paternity result' in PC-speak!) re new DNA evidence of Richard III's cousins:
        http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...queen-ancestry
        Unless you accept that Edward IV was illegitimate surely the current royal family are OK .

Henry VII married Elizabeth of York -Edward IV's daughter - who after the death of the Princes in the Tower was , unless Richard III was right, was actually next in line to the throne after her brothers .

So unless the line to Edward III was broken on both sides then the Royals are descended from Edward III down the female line ???
        Last edited by Barbirollians; 03-12-14, 13:57.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
          Bloody Papist ... and she once had a Saturday job with that pinko outfit John Lewis ... AND her father was Sales Director of Brooke Bond Tea ...
          You stirring things again, scottyTipps?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...queen-ancestry
            Best news I've heard in aaaages - Bbm'll be scrutinising his family tree as I write

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Best news I've heard in aaaages - Bbm'll be scrutinising his family tree as I write
              Well, I am more on John of Gaunt's side of the tree. Although I be related to RIII.

The current encumbant's of the Throne, were brought in by an Act of Parliament, so they be alright, infact entrenched, when really, historically,
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• John Wright
                • Mar 2007

There will be a public ballot for 200 seats at RIII's funeral

- - -

John W

Comment

• Flosshilde
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                  Well, I am more on John of Gaunt's side of the tree. Although I be related to RIII.

The current encumbant's of the Throne, were brought in by an Act of Parliament, so they be alright, infact entrenched, when really, historically,
                  Unless the questions over Victoria's paternity, based on the disappearance of porphyria & the appearance of haemophilia in the royal blood when she became queen, are correct.

Comment

• mercia
                    • Nov 2010

are you receiving your Richard III alerts ?
                    BBC's Richard III WhatsApp service to bring ceremony updates direct to your phone.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                      Unless the questions over Victoria's paternity, based on the disappearance of porphyria & the appearance of haemophilia in the royal blood when she became queen, are correct.

Not to mention Edward Duke of Kent's evident infertility

I missed Barbirollians' December post which overlooks these little difficulties He lived for 27 years as the faithful lover of a Frenchwoman, Madame de Saint-Laurent. As AN Wilson puts it, "They were childless, and there were fears that he was sterile". The suggestion is that Victoire, Princess of Leiningen [Victoria's mother], once married to Edward, er, took steps to ensure she produced an heir. Some judicious DNA testing should put the matter beyond doubt.

I haven't seen AN Wilson's latest book on Queen Vic to see if he repeats or enlarges on any of this.

Comment

• Flosshilde
                        • Nov 2010

I do think that the present lot are doing a splendid job of turning a blind eye to Harry's obvious lack of any genetic contribution from Charles.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

Has anyone heard what the plans are for the burial service?
                          Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ardcarp
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

Has anyone heard what the plans are for the burial service?
                            I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but Judith Bingham has written an article in the latest edition of Choir & Organ about a piece she has written for the ceremony. I think she is going to call it 'The Name of the Rose' though the article doesn't quite make that clear. However her story of finding the text is interesting. She asked to see one of the books known to be in Richard III's personal collection, now at The British Library and signed by 'Anne Warrewyk' and 'R, Gloucestre'. It is called The Book of Ghostly Grace , being a collection of revelations given to St Mechtilde, a German (female) mystic. She (Judith Bingham, that is!) will combine this with some verses from Psalm 42 in the Wycliffe translation.

I don't know if the C & O article is available online or not.

Chris Johns, DoM of Leicester Cathedral, is a friend of a friend, so I'll try and find out what the ceremonies will involve. Meanwhile, if he's looking in, he could let us know directly!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Thank you Ardcarp. I very much want to go to the event in Leicester(but I doubt if I will be ale too).
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

Thank you Ardcarp. I very much want to go to the event in Leicester(but I doubt if I will be ale too).
                                It'll start at Leicester Uni, then process through villages to Bosworth (ticket only) for a service, then onwards to the Cathedral (ticket only), so unless you want to stand somewhere on the route it's best to stay at home and watch events live on Channel 4. Here's details from Leicester Council with links to maps, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X