X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anotherbob
    • Sep 2011

R3 in Absolute Power

For those who haven't heard the edition of Radio 4's Absolute Power (Mark Tavener) which touches on the relaunch of Radio 3 you can hear it, or download it here.

For those who have.... sorry to trouble you.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by anotherbob View Post
    For those who haven't heard the edition of Radio 4's Absolute Power (Mark Tavener) which touches on the relaunch of Radio 3 you can hear it, or download it here.

For those who have.... sorry to trouble you.
    Another interesting Radio 4 comedy view of Radio 3. Funnily enough, it's the exact opposite of the one in Ed Reardon's Week (Remember "If you'll excuse me, sir, I think that's The Mystery Instrument competition about to begin and I'd like to ring in"?) This latest was the cartoon version of Radio 3 c 1950, apparently about to be given a makeover. I don't imagine Radio 3 would be very keen on either view - this one sounded rather like the image they're trying desperately to expunge from the public consciousness.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
    X