• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stunsworth
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
    yes I know
    but it will have encoded it in a non standard crap MP3 format
    so I would have to open it in something else to turn it back into aiff or wav or something useful
    what on earth is the point in that ?
    It will have been converted into the format you have specified in Preferences - the options include both AIFF and WAV. If, for example, you have it set to import as AIFF and import an AIFF file no conversion is done, ie it remains in its original format.
    Steve

Comment

• AmpH
      • Feb 2012

but back OT

I DO like the Philharmonia app though
      I had a sneak preview from one of the programmers a while ago and Richard Slaney from the orchestra was on R4 talking about it .......
      What do you like about it ?
      Any idea who it is actually aimed at ? A teaching aid perhaps ?
      An acquaintance who has it showed it to me. For my purposes I felt it would only have a limited appeal.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
        What do you like about it ?
        Any idea who it is actually aimed at ? A teaching aid perhaps ?
        An acquaintance who has it showed it to me. For my purposes I felt it would only have a limited appeal.
        I think that , like the Rite of Spring installation, it gives folk who have never had the experience an insight into what being inside orchestral music is like.
        Personally I wouldn't use it as a "teaching aid" but I would suggest it to folks who were interested in the workings of orchestral music

(and it's got some of my mates playing on it....... so i'm a bit biased )

Comment

• AmpH
          • Feb 2012

I think that , like the Rite of Spring installation, it gives folk who have never had the experience an insight into what being inside orchestral music is like.
          Personally I wouldn't use it as a "teaching aid" but I would suggest it to folks who were interested in the workings of orchestral music

(and it's got some of my mates playing on it....... so i'm a bit biased )
          I can see how the ' orchestral insight ' angle might work although when all the technologies come into play I thought it could become quite frantic and I do wonder if its all trying to be just a bit too clever - eg the Beat Map thing didn't add anything for me.

Comment

Working...
          X