• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Six Nations 2013

we are off ... and the whole England match is on BBC1 this afternoon Wales Ireland 1.30 and England Scotland 4.00 .. later fixtures here whooppeeee
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    we are off ... and the whole England match is on BBC1 this afternoon Wales Ireland 1.30 and England Scotland 4.00 .. later fixtures here whooppeeee

42 days, 18 hours, and counting.....
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

emigrate
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

The Pee man seems to spend most of his time yawning....and thus must have everybody around him yawning in reciprocation....it's not on Sky anyway....
        bong ching

Comment

• Mr Pee
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
          it's not on Sky anyway....
          No, but Sky Sports F1 HD are keeping me happy with their coverage of the F1 car launches and testing!!

42 days, 17 hours and counting.....
          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

Ah well there you have my sternocleidomastoid and trapezius muscles exercising....
            bong ching

Comment

• Mr Pee
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
              Ah well there you have my sternocleidomastoid and trapezius muscles exercising....
              The sternocleidowhatnow???

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Anna

Where do I start? Wales, the holders of the Six Nations, were lost, dazed and confused in the first half. It seems with Wales it's Boom and then Bust. I stopped watching the Autumn fixtures because I couldn't take one defeat after another, they seem so totally adrift without Gatland nipping at their ankles. However, a fight back in the second half meant the result was not so dire. I wonder if it's something in the Welsh psyche and the naturally melancholic frame of mind? Big debate going on here re WRU and their concentration on corporate rather than grassroots, hence lack of Welsh regional clubs in Heineken Cup ...... But that's another argument and the next match, well, who knows?

Now, England and Scotland. Different kettle of fish. Scotland are the team I cheer second to Wales and I thought it was a cracking match, pulsating and exciting. I can watch a match like this and although backing Scotland, there is no emotional involvement, no denting of National pride, so I just enjoy it and thought Scotland played so well. I am also glad (yes, really) that England are looking sharp, Johnson, Tindall, Wilkinson et al should have been ditched years ago. I always thought it was cheating, put Wilkinson on the bench, they need a point, wheel him out let him do his buddhist wiggle, send it over the bar, then wheel him back again.

Billy Twelvetrees. Well, what a name! He should be a character in a childrens' book about witches and goblins living in the enchanted forest! Look forward to France and Italy tomorrow.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

Billy Twelvetrees all Oaks natch!

i was ready for a Scots resurgence at any moment .... and they looked good for some of the time ..full back especially .... but England were pretty formidable ....

yep let's see what the French can do against Italy

great games to open the championship though fast, flowing, very competitive and excellent rugby

Comment

• aeolium
                    • Nov 2010

If Wales hadn't been so pitiful for the first half and a bit, the first game might have been more competitive. They did mount a creditable fightback but the game was lost at 3-30. Even with the injuries, Howley made some poor selections, Biggar for Hook at fly-half and Shindler starting instead of Tipuric. The Irish deserved their win, though.

I feel sorry for the Scots, so often putting up good losing performances. I thought overall they played better than Wales did but England were just stronger. I agree they were both very enjoyable games to watch.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      Where do I start? Wales, the holders of the Six Nations, were lost, dazed and confused in the first half. It seems with Wales it's Boom and then Bust. I stopped watching the Autumn fixtures because I couldn't take one defeat after another, they seem so totally adrift without Gatland nipping at their ankles. However, a fight back in the second half meant the result was not so dire. I wonder if it's something in the Welsh psyche and the naturally melancholic frame of mind? Big debate going on here re WRU and their concentration on corporate rather than grassroots, hence lack of Welsh regional clubs in Heineken Cup ...... But that's another argument and the next match, well, who knows?

Now, England and Scotland. Different kettle of fish. Scotland are the team I cheer second to Wales and I thought it was a cracking match, pulsating and exciting. I can watch a match like this and although backing Scotland, there is no emotional involvement, no denting of National pride, so I just enjoy it and thought Scotland played so well. I am also glad (yes, really) that England are looking sharp, Johnson, Tindall, Wilkinson et al should have been ditched years ago. I always thought it was cheating, put Wilkinson on the bench, they need a point, wheel him out let him do his buddhist wiggle, send it over the bar, then wheel him back again.

Billy Twelvetrees. Well, what a name! He should be a character in a childrens' book about witches and goblins living in the enchanted forest! Look forward to France and Italy tomorrow.
                      Great summary Anna

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                        If Wales hadn't been so pitiful for the first half and a bit, the first game might have been more competitive. They did mount a creditable fightback but the game was lost at 3-30. Even with the injuries, Howley made some poor selections, Biggar for Hook at fly-half and Shindler starting instead of Tipuric. The Irish deserved their win, though.

I feel sorry for the Scots, so often putting up good losing performances. I thought overall they played better than Wales did but England were just stronger. I agree they were both very enjoyable games to watch.
                        Sadly I agree about Wales' first half aeolium but they were two exciting games

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                          Billy Twelvetrees all Oaks natch!

i was ready for a Scots resurgence at any moment .... and they looked good for some of the time ..full back especially .... but England were pretty formidable ....

yep let's see what the French can do against Italy

great games to open the championship though fast, flowing, very competitive and excellent rugby
                          Can you imagine a football international involving England being as exciting?

As our much-missed Derbyshire correspondent might say, well done all!

Comment

• AmpH
                            • Feb 2012

Managed to catch the Calcutta Cup match after being out for most of the day and what a good game it was - so much better than many of the turgid Eng - Scotland encounters of old with the emphasis on attacking rugby. Scotland played well in patches but were well beaten in the contact areas and England made them pay with some good clinical finishes although they still left at least two tries out on the park and should have scored more points. Next week's game in Dublin promises to be a cracker - Ireland have got some excellent young players and will be favourites to beat England on home soil.

Delighted to see such a composed game from Farrel who continues to develop. Not at all surprised to see such a good debut from Twelvetrees, whose talent is well known in the English game and whose nickname of ' 36 ' is one of the best I have come across !

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                              Not at all surprised to see such a good debut from Twelvetrees, whose talent is well known in the English game and whose nickname of ' 36 ' is one of the best I have come across !

Comment

Working...
                              X