X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JFLL
    • Jan 2011

Spotify new look

Useful, eh? (No, you can't apparently expand the fields.)
  • Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by JFLL View Post

Useful, eh? (No, you can't apparently expand the fields.)
    I am a bit mystified/intrigued by your post. My Spotify doesn't appear to have changed.

Comment

• gradus
      • Nov 2010

Mine's the same too.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
        I am a bit mystified/intrigued by your post. My Spotify doesn't appear to have changed.
        Mine hasn't changed either, Lat, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

• gradus
          • Nov 2010

Ambiguity correction - mine hasn't changed either.

Comment

• JFLL
            • Jan 2011

Mine is the Free Spotify – it’s not worth my subscribing when I only use it to ‘audition’ versions. Maybe the displays in the subscription packages are different?

I’ve now noticed that if I search for, say, ‘Faure Piano Trio’ I first get all matches in an acceptable display pretty well like it was before, i.e. with fields of adequate length which can also be adjusted. But as soon as I click on an album (displayed at the top of the page), I get the sort of useless display I illustrated. I’ve since discovered a workaround, in that on the first, acceptable, ‘all matches’ page I can arrange the matches by album, so I shall use that in future to play tracks. But as soon as I click on album, I get the garbage display.

P.S. A further discovery I’ve just made. A few albums still display the tracks in the old way!

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by JFLL View Post
              Mine is the Free Spotify – it’s not worth my subscribing when I only use it to ‘audition’ versions. Maybe the displays in the subscription packages are different?

I’ve now noticed that if I search for, say, ‘Faure Piano Trio’ I first get all matches in an acceptable display pretty well like it was before, i.e. with fields of adequate length which can also be adjusted. But as soon as I click on an album (displayed at the top of the page), I get the sort of useless display I illustrated. I’ve since discovered a workaround, in that on the first, acceptable, ‘all matches’ page I can arrange the matches by album, so I shall use that in future to play tracks. But as soon as I click on album, I get the garbage display.

P.S. A further discovery I’ve just made. A few albums still display the tracks in the old way!
              I've just tried with 'Faure Piano Trio'. What look like CDs 'top left' are members' playlists. CDs are 'top right' but I've never clicked on those before. Perhaps I should have done. They look similar to the other lists on mine and are a good way of finding music of interest. What I tend to do is look at the list of artists in the main box and scroll down, picking out a line that has 'Gabriel Faure' clearly mentioned. I then click on his name and it gives me a list of every album that features his music including compilations. It is probably the long way round but it is more comprehensive as it shows everything of relevance on Spotify. It might also be in the proper display format on yours which would be a bonus. As for resolving the problem you are having, it could be that you have inadvertently checked a setting as I've done on umpteen occasions but others will be in a better position than me to advise.

Comment

• JFLL
                • Jan 2011

I've just tried with 'Faure Piano Trio'. What look like CDs 'top left' are members' playlists. CDs are 'top right' but I've never clicked on those before. Perhaps I should have done. They look similar to the other lists on mine and are a good way of finding music of interest. What I tend to do is look at the list of artists in the main box and scroll down, picking out a line that has 'Gabriel Faure' clearly mentioned. I then click on his name and it gives me a list of every album that features his music including compilations. It is probably the long way round but it is more comprehensive as it shows everything of relevance on Spotify. It might also be in the proper display format on yours which would be a bonus. As for resolving the problem you are having, it could be that you have inadvertently checked a setting as I've done on umpteen occasions but others will be in a better position than me to advise.
                I seem to get something rather different from you, Lat. I don't get any members' playlists on the the left, but I do get, bottom left, my own playlists, basically albums I've earmarked for further consideration, and clicking any of these brings up an 'old-style' album display as it was when I saved it, so acceptable. On the right there's an advert. In the middle there's at the top a list of albums consisting largely of pictures of CD sleeves with two lines of text (often so truncated as to be almost useless -- I remember Emusic going over to this 'CD sleeve' style of presentation shortly before I unsubscribed, to howls of protest from classical users.) It's when I click on one of these albums that I get the new style of unacceptably truncated listing which I illustrated in my OP. It seems to be because of a very recent software update.

Comment

Working...
                X