X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stillhomewardbound
    • Nov 2010

Thanks, AM51!

I've done a mini-edit and actually noted my reasons as ... "Replacement of 'wotsits' with 'tits'. Well, it is 2013 and I think we can cope with this more comical twist."

It's how Wilfred Brambill/Steptoe Snr would have wanted it.

Comment

• John Wright
      • Mar 2007

I get the same e-mail about 10 times a day from Hoo.do

What the heck is it?
      - - -

John W

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stillhomewardbound View Post
        Thanks, AM51!

I've done a mini-edit and actually noted my reasons as ... "Replacement of 'wotsits' with 'tits'. Well, it is 2013 and I think we can cope with this more comical twist."

I am not sure that the things that wilf wanted are things we should encourage.... !!
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• JFLL
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
          I get the same e-mail about 10 times a day from Hoo.do

What the heck is it?
          The most scary ones are those that purport to come from myself. Should I be worried about identity theft?

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JFLL View Post
            The most scary ones are those that purport to come from myself. Should I be worried about identity theft?
            I think you should ask yourself some serious questions, as my Headmaster used to say.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• JFLL
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              I think you should ask yourself some serious questions, as my Headmaster used to say.
              You’ve got me worried, TS – when our headmaster said that to someone he’d usually done something very naughty indeed, like pulling the pigtails of the girls from the neighbouring school in the street. (I remember once he stood up in assembly and said: "I have a very serious matter to report. Two boys have been seen kissing in the street." A frisson of horror went through the assembly in those unenlightened days. It turned out he meant that two boys had been seen kissing two girls, of course.

But back to spam. When I look at the header it’s not really from myself, of course, and since my email address is
              (not unusual) forename + dot + (not unusual) surname + a single-digit number @ a well-known ISP, I reckon the spammers have just been chancing their arm. No?

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JFLL View Post
                You’ve got me worried, TS – when our headmaster said that to someone he’d usually done something very naughty indeed, like pulling the pigtails of the girls from the neighbouring school in the street. (I remember once he stood up in assembly and said: "I have a very serious matter to report. Two boys have been seen kissing in the street." A frisson of horror went through the assembly in those unenlightened days. It turned out he meant that two boys had been seen kissing two girls, of course.

But back to spam. When I look at the header it’s not really from myself, of course, and since my email address is
                (not unusual) forename + dot + (not unusual) surname + a single-digit number @ a well-known ISP, I reckon the spammers have just been chancing their arm. No?
                Well I hope I haven't worried you , JFLL. Not my style.....we have governments to frighten us, and they seem to be doing a good job !!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Stillhomewardbound View Post
                  Thanks, AM51!

Comment

Working...
                  X