X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
    Did I suggest that you were? You'd not be posting here if you were! I merely observed that anyone can and most of its members do join this forum without a "bye or leave". Again, do please try to pay more attention.
    Are you Charles Pooter's great-grandson?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      What an odd place Knock is. The worst quality catering and tourist trinkets in the known universe to boot.
      Not that anyone has asked me but I consider Lourdes to be the absolute nadir when it comes to places of pilgrimages for rip offs. Although, of course, I have drunk the water.
      Anyway, Malcolm Talcum has achieved his object in stirring you lot up and causing arguments. If frenchie knows him of old she only has to push the button to annihilate his membership.
      So, Calm Down, Dears!

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
        Are you Charles Pooter's great-grandson?
        The idea that I might be so is a gross myth, but what does this have to do with the Friends of Radio 3?

Comment

• ahinton
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Calm Down, Dears!
          Shouldn't that be on the "Dave's Speech" thread?(!)...

Comment

• Gordon
            • Nov 2010

Will someone please explain to me what has happened to this thread!! It started well enough with the makings of a promising debate but the initiator clearly wasn't interested in constructive responses offered in good faith, just after a stir and a wind-up and now it's spun off God knows where.

Like a couple of others here I'd appreciate a peek at the joke? Then I can go somewhere else rather than waste my time here. If you are into abuse there are plenty of other message boards offering that dubious pleasure with no holds barred on foul language either.

Comment

• Thropplenoggin

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
              Will someone please explain to me what has happened to this thread!! It started well enough with the makings of a promising debate but the initiator clearly wasn't interested in constructive responses offered in good faith, just after a stir and a wind-up and now it's spun off God knows where.

Like a couple of others here I'd appreciate a peek at the joke? Then I can go somewhere else rather than waste my time here. If you are into abuse there are plenty of other message boards offering that dubious pleasure with no holds barred on foul language either.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                The idea that I might be so is a gross myth, but what does this have to do with the Friends of Radio 3?
                You are, you bloody are!!! Lupin' 'eck!!

Comment

• JanH

Originally posted by Gordon View Post

Yes, me too! I started to read this thread yesterday and thought that it might develop in an interesting way. I still miss listening to radio .3............for classical music we now listen to radio KUSC, it is splendid, thanks to Caliban for his recommendation many months ago.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                    Can you be surprised if you get ridiculed if you register here purely to insult others?
                    That being the case, Malc being a wind-up merchant and no better than he should be, why not pull the plug or do you hope that every sinner can repent and become reformed?

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Rather than close or delete the thread for the moment, I'd appreciate it if members abandoned it, please. The Originator may, if he wishes, make any further comments.
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Malcolmtalcum

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        Nope, again. I think you will find the deleted message was removed by the poster himself, with no prompting from me - I've only just logged back in again. Suffice it to say that knowing your identity does at least inform as to where you're coming from with your comments. But if you really have a precise point to make, why not just make it? And then be prepared to debate it?

Can you be surprised if you get ridiculed if you register here purely to insult others?
                        Who have I insulted personally? And I haven't used sexually explicit language. Is language like that acceptable, in your view?

I don't need to make the point when so many people on here are perfectly illustrating it for me.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Malcolmtalcum View Post
                          Who have I insulted personally? And I haven't used sexually explicit language. Is language like that acceptable, in your view?

I don't need to make the point when so many people on here are perfectly illustrating it for me.
                          That point being? That you have no views on Radio 3, only those on this forum?

Seems a bit pointless, to me.

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Malcolmtalcum View Post

[Patiently]. No it isn't acceptable but it had been removed before I saw it.

Implying that people are part of a fanatical cult, that they are like spluttering colonels &c. is insulting.

You had your chance to say something informative and you blew it.
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JanH View Post
                              ...........for classical music we now listen to radio KUSC, it is splendid, thanks to Caliban for his recommendation many months ago.
                              Hello Jan! You're very welcome
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                              X