X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahinton
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
    I would agree with doversoul up to a point: and I would certainly agree that the term 'Nazi' (like the term 'racist') has become an all-purpose pejorative to throw at someone whose views might not coincide with your own (not that I've seen such behaviour on THIS forum).

However, Nazis and Nazism are 'old news': they have been around for nearly a century - surely it is safe to discuss them, provided the discussion doesn't blur the boundaries into abuse.
    That's as may be but, if someone's particular political allegiances - such as those of ES - are to be discussed, the need to distinguish fact from fiction ought at the very least to determine that having recourse to the terms "Nazi" and "Nazism" is something over which due care needs to be taken.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
      Why, for heaven's sake? How is it offensive? Or would you like to whitewash the past?

See this published article in The Guardian for why I would like to know more about this sensitive topic: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2006...secondworldwar
      I wouldnt like tfor history to be whitewashed at all. Didnt ES let it be kinown of her nazi past? Was she like HvK who used The Nazi Party to further her career?
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
      X