X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
    At the risk of being accused of plugging Sky TV, they have recently listened to their viewers and are no longer squashing the credits at the end of programmes.

One can only hope that other broadcasters will follow suit.
    I got 4 months full Sky package for free, sport movies etc. Haven't found a movie I want to watch yet though. What a waste of a freebie !!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

At the risk of being accused of plugging Sky TV,
      What, you? Never!

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
        I'm sure there will be a CotW on it soon.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Flosshilde
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Shouldn't have to Pee!
          Mr Pee is a great advocate of switching to another channel, muting, or switching off. One wonders if he manages to hear anything at all

Comment

• Mr Pee
            • Nov 2010

Mr Pee is a great advocate of switching to another channel, muting, or switching off. One wonders if he manages to hear anything at all
            I hear and watch what I want to hear and watch. And I don't bother with anything else.

Simples!!!
            Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• VodkaDilc

At the risk of being accused of plugging Sky TV, they have recently listened to their viewers and are no longer squashing the credits at the end of programmes.

One can only hope that other broadcasters will follow suit.
              Is that true? I wish I had known when I spoke to the Ch4 man. I played the flattery card: one expects ITV, BBC and Sky to be hooking in the viewer for the next programme, but Ch4 should be above all that! If only I could have said that Sky had abandoned the practice!!

Comment

• VodkaDilc

I hear and watch what I want to hear and watch. And I don't bother with anything else.

Simples!!!
                Not even the adverts for meerkats?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by VodkaDilc View Post

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                    • Jan 2011

And why - if programmes are running late, can they not get rid of all the trails and other in-betweeners and get on with the next programme.!!

Comment

• Flosshilde
                      • Nov 2010

Comment

• scottycelt

Mr Pee is a great advocate of switching to another channel ...
                        ... the evil bounder ... who does this politically-incorrect guy think he is? ... cast him in irons!

Comment

• VodkaDilc

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                          And why - if programmes are running late, can they not get rid of all the trails and other in-betweeners and get on with the next programme.!!
                          I know this is not a R4 Forum, but that really irritates me just before 7am and 8am on the Today programme. The previous interview over-runs, so the weather forecast has to be cut short (even when, as at present, it's quite significant in planning the day ahead) so that the last minute or so before the hour can feature an unnecessary trailer for a completely unrelated programme.

Comment

• scottycelt

I know this is not a R4 Forum, but that really irritates me just before 7am and 8am on the Today programme. The previous interview over-runs, so the weather forecast has to be cut short (even when, as at present, it's quite significant in planning the day ahead) so that the last minute or so before the hour can feature an unnecessary trailer for a completely unrelated programme.
                            My Brother-in-Law often says exactly the same and his very favourite tipple is, er, Vodka.

You don't also happen to live in Maidenhead, do you ... ?

Comment

• gurnemanz
                              • Nov 2010

They have forced our very own Donald Macleod to record a downmarket R4 trail for his John Williams CoW .

Comment

• VodkaDilc

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                                My Brother-in-Law often says exactly the same and his very favourite tipple is, er, Vodka.

You don't also happen to live in Maidenhead, do you ... ?
                                Not now, but I did around 1974/5. (Sandringham Road.)

Comment

Working...
                                X