Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
    If you didn't vote, you are in no position to complain.
    What a silly thing to say, Mr Pee

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Oh, not the EU then Beefy?
      The EU IS the government, isn't it? Anyway, in all seriousness, one cannot blame the EU here, given that it's been thoroughly exonerated from responsibility for any such activities by reason of having been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize instead of that accolade going to Daniel Barenboim.

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        What a silly thing to say, Mr Pee
        It is especially silly given that, taken literally, it signifies that no-one under the age of 18 has any right to complain about anything done by the government of the day.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
          It is especially silly given that, taken literally, it signifies that no-one under the age of 18 has any right to complain about anything done by the government of the day.
          Or in prison.

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            Or in prison.
            Indeed - but then perhaps one might argue (said he, trying to avoid this old chestnut rearing itself again here!) that those in prison already have grave limits imposed upon their ability to complain about almost anything purely by virtue of their being imprisoned, so I'd rather the under-18s argument be used as the illustration here!

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              semantics. I was really saying what a good job they had done keeping them all going, in the circumstances !!

I dont vote, so the bloody shambles in westminster must be down to you two !!
              Then if you don't vote, you are surely not entitled to complain about whatever any Government may do?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
                Then if you don't vote, you are surely not entitled to complain about whatever any Government may do?
                In a perfect world, where the electoral turnout is of the order of 75% plus, I'd agree with you RM, but with the current showings I suspect that non-voting electorate might be trying to tell us something.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

I have already addressed this, RM.

That is a non argument on several levels.

There is no major political party that wants do do many of the things that I would vote for, certainly not one fielding a candidate in Salisbury. Even if there was , the blue conservative would win here, with the orange conservative second and the red conservative third.

Nobody else bothers to field candidates round here, as the system makes it a waste of their resources.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    ... Even if there was , the blue conservative would win here, with the orange conservative second and the red conservative third.

Ooh...you cynic !

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Ooh...you cynic !
                      Nothing wrong with a bit of cynicism. I wouldn't call it cynicism, though, I would call it being observant, using the evidence of my senses, something more like that !
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                      X