Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stillhomewardbound
    • Nov 2010

Gosh, talk about serendipity ... I resolved, following consultation with my good friend, Doctor Chance, to attend the Odeon Multiplex which sits by our much admired River Thames, just past the Reach at Blackwall, and there at their most accommodating facility to set eyes upon 'Skyfall'! Yes, only this very evening.

In good time I did depart but having arrived by virtue of my new Cannodale bi-cycling machine, I did find myself at a harmoniously appointed bike-stand, by the very neighbouring B&Q. Attendant to this arrival I did recall my latest quest to obtain a tin of Cardinal Red paint.

Such a simple demand it seemed to me and yet, too soon, I was made conscious that these are not the times of the clericy, not to say to the higher echelons of the church. I may as like as not have advertised my intent to be a new flag waver for that high and most noble of grand inquisitors, Cardinal Richelieu.

In any event, too long did I dawdle amidst the paint aisles suffering the indignities of red paints styled variously as 'toffee apple, 'cranberry blush', 'raspberry royale', 'scooter red' and even one 'Sticky Fingers'.

'NO!!', I assailed the clueless assistant, 'I demand no less than Cardinal Red!'

That was the point at which I realised I had outstayed my welcome and 007 don't like latecomers.

So, somewhere towards the end of the opening flourish, I finally took my seat and made a mental note, 'this i where I came in', forgetting, of course, that films simply do not loop anymore.

However, the worst was yet to come. In the title sequence we are literally taken into the heart of Bond and, amidst his dilating valves, with his very life source billowing throughout the screen in a thousand myriad shades of red. A veritable kaleidoscope of crimson satins, and here, i thought, the perfect moment to return to B&Q and apprehend said member of staff, all so I could declare, so simply, so sweetly, 'THERE my child. THERE before you ... look you to no other aisle, but on the screen, I INSIST. See, there ... before you ... Cardinal Red!!

But was one of those intense celluloid hues Cardinal Red?? Was it fcuk!!
    Last edited by Stillhomewardbound; 10-01-13, 07:43.

Comment

Working...
    X