X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

Judi Dench singing 'Send In The Clowns' help required please

A while ago I remember playing a recording of Judi Dench singing 'Send In The Clowns'. I would like to play it at a presentation about musicals that I am giving next month but I cannot remember anything about the recording; maybe it was on a compiliation CD or similar. I don't want the whole musical just that one song 'Send In The Clowns' sung by Judi Dench. I will be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Many thanks.
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
    A while ago I remember playing a recording of Judi Dench singing 'Send In The Clowns'. I would like to play it at a presentation about musicals that I am giving next month but I cannot remember anything about the recording; maybe it was on a compiliation CD or similar. I don't want the whole musical just that one song 'Send In The Clowns' sung by Judi Dench. I will be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Many thanks.
    A fine selection here, Standfordian ...

Comment

• Stanfordian
      • Dec 2010

Hiya amateur51,

Thanks for that. Yes, I've seem those clips on Youtube. It's a CD with that on that I would like to obtain.

Comment

• Pabmusic
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
        Hiya amateur51,

Thanks for that. Yes, I've seem those clips on Youtube. It's a CD with that on that I would like to obtain.
        Here it is. This is the mp3 download, but the CD is also available:

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hey-Mr-Produ...7297843&sr=8-6
          Bravo Pabs Marston's Ugly Sisters

Comment

• Pabmusic
            • May 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Bravo Pabs Marston's Ugly Sisters
            I don't mind if I do.

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
              • Nov 2010

Well, I was going to recommend the actual cast recording. JD sang it in a National Theatre production ('65/'66), as the previously recommended version is from a Cameron Mackintosh tribute concert, but it seems it has become a bit of a collectors item ... £134.99?????????? HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Even in a theatrical context, it's a rather too rough rendition. It's a bitter sweet song but here JD goes a bit too far.

I wonder how she was as Sally Bowles. I must check that out. Much younger then of course. Was watching her last night as Q. Victoria in 'Mrs.Brown'. Wonderful performance.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Stillhomewardbound View Post
                I wonder how she was as Sally Bowles. I must check that out. Much younger then of course.
                She's very good, Shwb - I have the cast recording on cassette (a pre-Last of the Summer Wine Peter Sallis is also in the cast): she has a very sweet voice with an attractive "croaky" fragility to it.

Yes, that Judi Dench...from the original London production of Cabaret in 1968...keep in mind, the character of Sally Bowles from the original stories was sup...

Sondheim also likes her performances of Clowns, it should be noted.
                Last edited by ferneyhoughgeliebte; 04-01-13, 21:15.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
                  • Nov 2010

I saw an excerpt from the stage production which was different from that 'Hey Mr.Producer' take which I'd found on Spotify.

Thanks for the YT link, FH! No, I know that she was very well received in 'Cabaret'. I once has the cast album for the London production in my hand. This was in the days of the late lamented 'Dress Circle' when they initially had a space in the, then, relatively new 'Dress Circle' in Cutler's Piazza as I'm inclined to remember it.

Comment

• Stanfordian
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stillhomewardbound View Post
                    Well, I was going to recommend the actual cast recording. JD sang it in a National Theatre production ('65/'66), as the previously recommended version is from a Cameron Mackintosh tribute concert, but it seems it has become a bit of a collectors item ... £134.99?????????? HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Even in a theatrical context, it's a rather too rough rendition. It's a bitter sweet song but here JD goes a bit too far.

I wonder how she was as Sally Bowles. I must check that out. Much younger then of course. Was watching her last night as Q. Victoria in 'Mrs.Brown'. Wonderful performance.
                    Hiya Stillhomewardbound,

I love this rendition by Judy Dench. I'm doing to play it at a presentation. I also love Judy Dench and Billy Connolly in 'Mrs.Brown'; its great film.

Comment

• Stanfordian
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hey-Mr-Produ...7297843&sr=8-6
                      Hiya Pabmusic,

Many thanks for the infornmation.

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
                        • Nov 2010

Yes, it was nice to see 'Mrs Brown' again over Christmas. It makes for an excellent two-hander between Dench and Connolly, though there's excellent support from Geoffrey Palmer and Richard Pasco also.

I saw Billy Connolly in the new film by Dustin Hoffman, 'Quartet', based on the play by Ronald Harwood and he is terribly good as a post-stroke old roue.

Comment

• kernelbogey
                          • Nov 2010

Judi D also excellent as M in the latest Bond, 'Skyfall' - which is high on wit and (relatively) low in bang-bang, crash-crash. Definetely worth a seat in the 1/6s, IMV.

Comment

• Ferretfancy
                            • Nov 2010

kernelbogey

1/6s ? Surely it was 1/9s in the stalls, 2/3s in the circle.

This is where we came in.

Comment

• kernelbogey
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
                              kernelbogey.... This is where we came in.

Comment

Working...
                              X