Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resurrection Man

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
    Do you know, I have no idea. Perhaps in the vain hope that it will somehow one day be worth it, as it used to be when I first visited. Now it seems to have descended into a prolonged playground spat between certain members who monopolise the boards with juvenile insults and often insulting language aimed at anybody who dares to disagree with their own viewpoints.

Ne'er a truer word said. The playground children still have yet to learn that children should be seen and not heard ...or read.

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
      Ne'er a truer word said. The playground children still have yet to learn that children should be seen and not heard ...or read.
      I thought you were doing this ?

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        I thought you were doing this ?

No, no, MrGG. The relationship between RM and Pee is surely more:

Comment

• Mr Pee
          • Nov 2010

And the last few posts from Mr.GG and co. have proved my point entirely.......
          Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

An excellent Christmas Broadcast by Her Majesty; and a reminder of some marvellous moments in 2012. A lot more worth watching than most of the pap that was broadcast on Christmas Day.

God Save The Queen!
            I neither saw nor heard it so will not comment save to ask if she made a single reference to the recent cullings of the grim reaper from music's treasury (see the thread on that topic elsewhere), from which exercise certain of her subjects have not escaped - oh, sorry, I forgot, she doesn't like music, does she? There may well have been little worth watching on Christmas Day (even on Sky, or whatever it's called), but...

Comment

• JFLL
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
              I neither saw nor heard it so will not comment save to ask if she made a single reference to the recent cullings of the grim reaper from music's treasury (see the thread on that topic elsewhere), from which exercise certain of her subjects have not escaped - oh, sorry, I forgot, she doesn't like music, does she? There may well have been little worth watching on Christmas Day (even on Sky, or whatever it's called), but...
              No, I can confirm that she didn’t make a single reference to the recent cullings of the grim reaper from music's treasury, but then she didn’t make any reference, either, to any cullings from any other treasury, if memory serves. She did mention those who have lost loved ones, but, try as I might, I can’t include Elliott Carter in that category.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JFLL View Post
                She did mention those who have lost loved ones, but, try as I might, I can’t include Elliott Carter in that category.
                For us to "loose" (I always think this is an odd way of describing death) Elliott Carter & Jonathan Harvey is a great loss to music and has affected me much more than any ridiculous sailing down the river jibbly jubbly nonsense

Comment

• Mr Pee
                  • Nov 2010

For us to "loose" (sic) (I always think this is an odd way of describing death) Elliott Carter & Jonathan Harvey is a great loss to music and has affected me much more than any ridiculous sailing down the river jibbly jubbly nonsense

And of course those three events are totally comparable...... Rather like saying that the death of a loved one "affected" you more that the latest episode of Dr. Who........
                  Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

And of course those three events are totally comparable...... Rather like saying that the death of a loved one "affected" you more that the latest episode of Dr. Who........
                    You miss the point
                    The dull "windsors" and their ridiculous pantomime are superficial and meaningless compared to these two great composers.

Comment

• ahinton
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JFLL View Post
                      No, I can confirm that she didn’t make a single reference to the recent cullings of the grim reaper from music's treasury, but then she didn’t make any reference, either, to any cullings from any other treasury, if memory serves. She did mention those who have lost loved ones, but, try as I might, I can’t include Elliott Carter in that category.
                      Perhaps not - but you weren't being asked, actually...

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Personally I could find nothing to fault the broadcast. If people don't want to watch it, then they need not do so. However, I suspect that those with issues on the matter will seek out trivialities in order to denigrate the speech simply to back their own pre-conceived viewpoints (to which they are fully entitled, but perhaps should permit others to have alternative opinions).

Comment

• David-G
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                          Personally I could find nothing to fault the broadcast. If people don't want to watch it, then they need not do so. However, I suspect that those with issues on the matter will seek out trivialities in order to denigrate the speech simply to back their own pre-conceived viewpoints (to which they are fully entitled, but perhaps should permit others to have alternative opinions).
                          I agree with you EA. And I would just like to clarify that my remark solely concerned the 3D aspect and not the speech itself.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                            Here here EAS! i a, all foprpeople ex[ressing their opinions biut in an orderly fashion.
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• MrGongGong
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                              Here here EAS! i a, all foprpeople ex[ressing their opinions biut in an orderly fashion.
                              I know it's your Christmas today but have you been at the Brandy Butter already ?

Comment

• Mr Pee
                                • Nov 2010

You miss the point
                                The dull "windsors" and their ridiculous pantomime are superficial and meaningless compared to these two great composers.
                                In your opinion.

Many would think precisely the opposite; but then you will simply dismiss them as idiotic Daily Mail reading philistines whose opinions count for nothing.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X