X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

All the best for an upward health curve, gamba - meantime WELCOME BACK!

The Prazaks are a great quartet
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• salymap
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      All the best for an upward health curve, gamba - meantime WELCOME BACK!

The Prazaks are a great quartet
      I echo that - good to hear from you Gamba and I wish you a good recovery in 2013. saly

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

Welcome back, gamba. I hope you have a restful Chrostmas with lots of wonderful music.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gamba View Post
          Sorry folks & especially salymap, I have been absent for a while. Another hospital visit. A combination of Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis & a very low count of red corpuscles in my blood, making one extremely weak. Iin fact at present I'm at my happiest while asleep !

However, I have discovered another wonderful 'find' on the web - Beethoven's Qt. op.59 no.1, on Utube & played by the Prazak Qt. An absolutely superb film, beautiful lighting, choice of pictures, direction, atmosphere, sound quality - the lot. I'm absolutely captivated by it, plus an incredible commitment from the players - this is truly something very special.
          Yes all the best, gamba. I take it you are not considering having your forum name switched to Rasumowsky?

Comment

• salymap
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

I've just thought of Daring Tripod, who lives/lived near me up to last year and had suffered serious heart trouble. He said he still looked around the boards - if so I hope he is better and best wishes for 2013.

Comment

• Curalach

Hello Everyone,
              I have only just caught up with this thread as I have been "off" the forum for the past few weeks having developed Retinitis in my right eye following a bout of Shingles. At the moment I am popping about 30 pills a day on top of almost hourly eye drops and frequent visits to the Opthalmologist.
              Can I say right away how touched I am that many of you remembered me at this time by way of PMs and doversoul's generous post. In addition to the messages of sympathy and support I received from members when my dear Wife died it has been very heartening to be in the thoughts of so many good people that I have never actually met.
              I have only now discovered that ff is in hospital following an accident. I send Sarah my best wishes for a complete recovery and can assure her that the Forum she started has very many good and generous members.
              My best wishes to you all for a healthy and fortunate year in 2013.
              Iain

Comment

• salymap
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Curalach View Post
                Hello Everyone,
                I have only just caught up with this thread as I have been "off" the forum for the past few weeks having developed Retinitis in my right eye following a bout of Shingles. At the moment I am popping about 30 pills a day on top of almost hourly eye drops and frequent visits to the Opthalmologist.
                Can I say right away how touched I am that many of you remembered me at this time by way of PMs and doversoul's generous post. In addition to the messages of sympathy and support I received from members when my dear Wife died it has been very heartening to be in the thoughts of so many good people that I have never actually met.
                I have only now discovered that ff is in hospital following an accident. I send Sarah my best wishes for a complete recovery and can assure her that the Forum she started has very many good and generous members.
                My best wishes to you all for a healthy and fortunate year in 2013.
                Iain
                Hello Iain, I've just caught up with this. A horid combination of shingles and eye trouble- I've had the former and a very nasty complaint.

I wish you allthe best for the new year and hope you are soon fully recovered. Please keep in touch.

regards from saly/Pamela

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Take care Iain.
                  Best wishes and good luck to everyone on here suffering ill health.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

and in the spirit of another thread
                    and the spirit of the title of this one
                    here's a little song that suggested itself to me

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                      and in the spirit of another thread
                      and the spirit of the title of this one