• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Loving Miss Hatto - BBC1

The story of pianist Joyce Hatto and the big recording hoax.

• antongould
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
    The story of pianist Joyce Hatto and the big recording hoax.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012628y

What did you think of it ........and we already have a thread......

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Sorry...didm't spot the thread. Mixed feelings about prog. The play made Barry out to be 'the lovable rogue' and Joyce to be a bit of an old trout. It's a good topic for a play, I suppose, but the truth of the relationship will never be known. I did feel slightly uneasy knowing that Barry is still alive. From the dramatic point of view, I thought the old J and B were better portrayed than the young.

PS Can't find the main thraad...can you direct me?
      Last edited by ardcarp; 24-12-12, 10:23.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
        Sorry...didm't spot the thread. Mixed feelings about prog. The play made Barry out to be 'the lovable rogue' and Joyce to be a bit of an old trout. It's a good topic for a play, I suppose, but the truth of the relationship will never be known. I did feel slightly uneasy knowing that Barry is still alive. From the dramatic point of view, I thought the old J and B were better portrayed than the young.

PS Can't find the main thraad...can you direct me?
        ....it is in the General Arts forum and is generating a fair degree of activity...

Comment

• ardcarp
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Thanks, ag. First time I've looked at the GA forum. Naughty me. The discussion there seems to have gone a bit off topic, but there was a lovely insight upthread into the recording lark by Hornspieler.

Comment

Working...
          X