X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51
    • Sep 2024

A Tragedy Averted

Some excellent news about Gary McKinnon ...

Computer hacker Gary McKinnon, whose extradition to the US was blocked, will not face charges in the UK, bringing to an end a 10-year legal battle.

Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC said the chances of a successful conviction were "not high"

Computer hacker Gary McKinnon, whose extradition to the US was blocked, will not face charges in the UK, bringing to an end a 10-year legal battle

I hope that this means that Mr McKinnon and hiis mother who has campaigned steadfastly for him for over a decade will now be able to enjoy their Christmas & to look forward to a more positive 2013
  • Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Some excellent news about Gary McKinnon ...

Computer hacker Gary McKinnon, whose extradition to the US was blocked, will not face charges in the UK, bringing to an end a 10-year legal battle.

Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC said the chances of a successful conviction were "not high"

Computer hacker Gary McKinnon, whose extradition to the US was blocked, will not face charges in the UK, bringing to an end a 10-year legal battle

I hope that this means that Mr McKinnon and hiis mother who has campaigned steadfastly for him for over a decade will now be able to enjoy their Christmas & to look forward to a more positive 2013
    I was very pleased indeed to hear this news.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Common sense at last achieved!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Long overdue and a great result for us all