X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resurrection Man
    • Sep 2024

NHS Summary Care Record

Details about one of these dropped through the door the other day and I'm of two minds whether to opt-out or not. On the one hand, I have a rather jaundiced view about Govt IT schemes, their viability and security. I do not take any medication and so to my mind that minimises the real benefit of being 'in' the Summary Care Record scheme.

On the other hand, might valuable seconds be lost were I be so unfortunate as to be in a serious accident while the medical staff pondered whether or not to give me X, Y or Z as they didn't know if I was on any medication?

I do know that someone set up all their relevant details as their wallpaper or lock screen on their mobile and so perhaps that is the way to go? Incidentally, perhaps a timely reminder for those with mobile phones to set up or check their ICE numbers?

So what do folks think ? (and if we could please keep the thread non-political )
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

In my experience having ones records shared is a great thing (as long as they don't sell the data to insurance companies )
    having had some fairly major hospital adventures this year it was reassuring to go to my doctor for something else months later and have him immediately see what my history was.

This seems to be (at last !!!) one place where IT can have positive effects .......... having records digitised is a great idea IMV

Comment

Working...
    X