X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Translation app for Windows

I've just been trying out some translation software I've just come across called QTranslate. It strikes me as excellent and deserving a recommendation. It's free, tiny, neat and seems to be pretty accurate and produces immediate translations of selected text in any programme.
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

How much improvement would you say this site is compared with Google translate which usually translate ‘countertenor’ as ‘tenor against’?

P.S. Of course, I could download it and see it myself but I am rather scared of downloading anything unless I have to.

Comment

• Pianorak
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
      I've just been trying out some translation software I've just come across called QTranslate. It strikes me as excellent and deserving a recommendation. It's free, tiny, neat and seems to be pretty accurate and produces immediate translations of selected text in any programme.
      Thanks, gurnemanz.

Note! The program translates a text by using online translation services, so you need an Internet connection.
      Hinweis! Das Programm übersetzt einen Text mit Online-Übersetzungsdienste, so benötigen Sie einen Internet-Anschluss.

Not bad = 9/10 English into German. English into Welsh still dodgy and confined to Google Translate.
      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Working...
      X