X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stillhomewardbound
    • Nov 2010

'Between the Ears' on iPlayer - Belongings

Can I recommend this very poignant and well produced radio montage on three people in their later years having to quit their homes and possessions after the better part of a lifetime in them.

Very vivid for me as we complete on the sale of our parent's house after forty years and I'm sure it will strike a chord with those who have gone through this process themselves.

SHB

Following people making difficult decisions about what to keep and what to throw away.
  • Anna

Just listening now. The family home was sold when I was about 25, my parents moved there when they'd been married for about 3 years, I was born there. Mum was widowed when she was quite young (I was 17 at the time) and it had to go, for financial reasons (it was a huge Victorian pile) I, and my siblings, had long left home and I realise now that none of us helped her with sorting and disposing of accumulated possessions. I feel bad about that now because Dad had been such a collector of the weird and wonderful. My brother found the house for sale again about 10 years ago and I got details from the estate agents, I was so pleased to find all the original features had been maintained.

Comment

Working...
    X