X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Later still the problem was sorted (apparently permanently) via an RTA in which my sinuses got pretty much smashed up. The phrase "silver lining" springs to mind.
    RTA? Not Road Traffic Accident I think! If that was your meaning I hope you're not going to prescribe these for sinusitis.

I'll stick with my current treatments for nasal problems.

Comment

• An_Inspector_Calls

Isn't this all just a tad precious? But interesting that right-wing viewpoints antagonise! (But just for example, "Antibiotics" anti left wing - can someone explain that?) As for Bryn's little war, I always thought he saw himself (both here and on the official R3 messageboards) as the self-appointed bruiser-in-residence.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post
        ..... It does sound like aberrant and wilfully contentious behaviour.
        Well, one can but hope that Simon will be along shortly to put another point of view.

Please bear in mind, Thropplenoggin, that there are others of the opposing viewpoint who also have dopple-gangers! It is a murky world on these forums.

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by An_Inspector_Calls View Post
          ......As for Bryn's little war, I always thought he saw himself (both here and on the official R3 messageboards) as the self-appointed bruiser-in-residence.
          That just made me nearly spray my coffee all over my keyboard....

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
            RTA? Not Road Traffic Accident I think! If that was your meaning I hope you're not going to prescribe these for sinusitis.

I'll stick with my current treatments for nasal problems.
            Road Traffic Accident indeed. I would not offer it as a prescripption either, but it seems to have worked for me.

Comment

• Dave2002
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
              There is a problem with this as has been widely publicised,,,,,,,,,, but I was wondering how Simon knows what the GP has been prescribing to others ?
              I think it's perfectly possible that Simon might know something about the views of some other patients, though maybe the size of his sample has been exaggerated. I still can't understand why he goes back if he (and the others) don't get acceptable treatment.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Hey Nonymous View Post
                Antibiotics would have been entirely beyond the point, but two weeks ago I came close to at the least a very serious illness indeed. I'm still weak but a corner has been turned . Many thanks in part though not completely (she's not a miracle worker) to my GP.

I'm sorry, Simon, but any serious point you make is vitiated by remarks like -

My current GP - who is kind-natured but for whose diagnostic and prescriptive abilities, I, along with many others, don't have much time

- your current GP can't, of course, answer back. It's that insidious nastiness, embodied in your sentence, that will end my participation on these boards.
                Very sorry to hear about your recent serious illness Hey Nonymous and very glad to hear that you're on the mend. Concentrate on turning that corner fully but please do stay in touch with FoR3

Comment

• Simon

The fact that people have read and thought about the subject is good enough for me, as that was the initial intention.

I'll decide later whether to be bothered with answering all the irrelevant stuff.

However, I will just say that Bryn - who used for some time the screen-name "Nethersage" - at his pseudo-reasonable and sanctimonious best was worth waiting for. It's true that I was "Simon-Says" on the BBC boards, and others soon shortened that to S-S, which I still use to sign off occasionally. I've never attempted to hide the fact that the two names and the abbreviation are me, the same person.

But I've never been a neo-nazi apologist, though I did once say that about 90% of the BNP's manifesto was little different from that of most other parties. Which is true. I also think that some of LvB's last works were affected by his mental and physical condition, which may or may not be correct, but which is an opinion that I am not alone in holding. So nothing much bad or wrong with all that then, despite the froth and bubble!

Comment

• John Shelton

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    Very sorry to hear about your recent serious illness Hey Nonymous and very glad to hear that you're on the mend. Concentrate on turning that corner fully but please do stay in touch with FoR3
                    Thanks ams - much appreciated

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

"pseudo-reasonable and sanctimonious" and "froth and bubble!". Both combinations describe the essential components of Simon's approach to just about any discussion here, in my experience. Note how "madman" (the term Simon actually applied to Beethoven in relation to the late quartets) becomes "some of LvB's last works were affected by his mental and physical condition". Should anyone care to check the archive of the old BBC message boards, they will also find that "about 90% of the BNP's manifesto was little different from that of most other parties" was not quite how Simon expressed himself when addressing the question of the neo-nazis he refers to.

As to the pseudonym "Nethersage", my use of it is laid bare in my profile at r3ok.com for all to see. The point about "Simon-Says" is the children's game it derives from. All about deception, trickery and following the authoritarian diktat, what?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                        Just stick to music and football threads, what else matters ?
                        And Shakespeare and Scandinavian crime drama, of course. (Talking of which... )

And at the characteristic sound of a soapbox being dragged into position, run a mile (maybe after lobbing a tomato or two), that's my general approach...
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          And at the characteristic sound of a soapbox being dragged into position, run a mile (maybe after lobbing a tomato or two), that's my general approach...
                          Surely you legal folk have people to throw your rotten fruit for you ?
                          sully your hands on a cabbage ? never

Comment

• Bryn
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                            Surely you legal folk have people to throw your rotten fruit for you ?
                            sully your hands on a cabbage ? never
                            I thought that 'cabbage' was their very raison d'ĂȘtre.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Come along then folks! Any more for any more?!?!

"...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• MrGongGong
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                                Come along then folks! Any more for any more?!?!

Not at your hourly rate matey

Comment

Working...
                                X