Assange opposed at CSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

With such a fine array of responses from Pabs and ahinton in particular, it seems such a shame that the original poster has not bothered to tackle their criticisms of his post.

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      With such a fine array of responses from Pabs and ahinton in particular, it seems such a shame that the original poster has not bothered to tackle their criticisms of his post.
      I think he is far too busy with the exciting election

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
        Be that as it may (or may not - who can say other than S himself if and when he does?), I do wish that, instead of blustering in with such a barrage of noisy, ill-considered, biased, agenda-driven and woefully unadorned hot air relieved only by personal insults, he had given due consideration to all the aspects of this far from simple matter and then instigated this thread on the basis of that.

Comment

• MrGongGong
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
          Be that as it may (or may not - who can say other than S himself if and when he does?), I do wish that, instead of blustering in with such a barrage of noisy, ill-considered, biased, agenda-driven and woefully unadorned hot air relieved only by personal insults, he had given due consideration to all the aspects of this far from simple matter and then instigated this thread on the basis of that.
          Indeed, it's not like him at all is it.

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

Indeed, it's not like him at all is it.
            There have been occasions on which he has exercised pragmatism and indulged in reasoned argument, but that fact only serves further to highlight the misfortune of those occasions on which he neglects to do so.

Comment

• Pabmusic
              • May 2011

Counting the vote?

Comment

• ahinton
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                Counting the vote?
                Well, that surely shouldn't have taken him long, especially in his remote rural Derbyshire constituency where any police presence is apparently of the pre-Dixon-of-Dock-Green variety in which police officers don't carry tasers, wear bullet-proof clothing and brandish riot shields in between cooking the record books in their own interests (and yes, of course I am well aware that this is not what the majority of present-day police officers do)...

Comment

• Pabmusic
                  • May 2011

Well, that surely shouldn't have taken him long, especially in his remote rural Derbyshire constituency where any police presence is apparently of the pre-Dixon-of-Dock-Green variety in which police officers don't carry tasers, wear bullet-proof clothing and brandish riot shields in between cooking the record books in their own interests (and yes, of course I am well aware that this is not what the majority of present-day police officers do)...
                  Oh yes. But I meant counting the vote. At least, I assume there was at least one. Maybe there wasn't.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                    • Nov 2010

Though famously in Wirksworth ..................

Comment

• ahinton
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                      Oh yes. But I meant counting the vote. At least, I assume there was at least one. Maybe there wasn't.
                      Ah, of course; I missed that one; how unobservant and unperceptive of me! Yes, perhaps there wasn't one in the said constituency. That said, although my reference earlier in this thread to the suggestion that the perceived absence of sufficient crime in Britain is such that it's apparently now been deemed necessary to appoint people to commission more of it was clearly facetious, it struck me nevertheless as an apposite parallel to the sheer ineptitude that has given rise to the idea and to trying to persuade the electorate to vote for it.

Comment

• ahinton
                        • Nov 2010

Though famously in Wirksworth ..................
                        Isn't that where jobsworths live? (unless, of course, one is S Grew, in which case there should be no such thing as a word containing the syllable "job"). Anyway, it's a matter of eternal fascination to me What stand well on this forum, which can sometimes epitomise the very Peak of intellectual thought processes...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Isn't that where jobsworths live? (unless, of course, one is S Grew, in which case there should be no such thing as a word containing the syllable "job"). Anyway, it's a matter of eternal fascination to me What stand well on this forum, which can sometimes epitomise the very Peak of intellectual thought processes...
                          Indeed, the crown Derby

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by Budapest View Post
                            .....I'm not saying Correa is perfect, but what he did was to prevent big corporations taking over the media in Ecuador.
                            Reminds me of someone else who did that. Mmm...can't remember.....ah yes..Stalin.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
                              Reminds me of someone else who did that. Mmm...can't remember.....ah yes..Stalin.
                              Twenty-seven posts before RM manages to take us off-topic

Comment

• MrGongGong
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                                Twenty-seven posts before RM manages to take us off-topic

that's *ankers for you matey

for someone who so dramatically "left" a while ago
                                he does seem to reappear rather a lot

Comment

Working...
                                X