X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
    So its what, pithy and to the point when you dish out the insults, but boring when people point out weaknesses in your arguments?

Anyway, thought of a better use for the US government for that $40BN every month than giving it to the banks?
    i have....Tough one though ......
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Here is what the banks have their very own sock puppet saying tonight.

Prime minister uses annual Guildhall speech to highlight strength and potential of banking sector

Well, at least they don't cause nasty pollution like all those other industries where people actually make things..or "Add value" as its known nowadays.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

"the most transparent rules of the world's leading financial centres on pay and bonuses. "

Does this mean "The rules it's easiest to drive a coach & horses through"?

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
          "the most transparent rules of the world's leading financial centres on pay and bonuses. "

Prolly rules as in "one for us, one for you", Like tax rules for Starbucks, Google, Margaret Hodge, Amazon etc.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            Prolly rules as in "one for us, one for you", Like tax rules for Starbucks, Google, Margaret Hodge, Amazon etc.
            That speech is hardly going to go down well with the EU leaders Cameron has to negotiate exemptions with now, is it!

Comment

• ahinton
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post

That's all of them, though, isn't it?

Comment

• ahinton
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                They're the ones that they each make up for themselves, at the unavoidable expense of the rest of us, yes?

Comment

• ahinton
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  That speech is hardly going to go down well with the EU leaders Cameron has to negotiate exemptions with now, is it!
                  No, surely not, but then don't forget that "we're all in this together" (up to our necks and way beyond) applies at least as much to those EU leaders as it does to those who aren't in charge in Britain.

Comment

Working...
                  X