Our Caring government strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • handsomefortune

If the decision goes against him he will appeal - good for him. Current evidence shows that over 50% of appeals are successful. They cost the Government a huge amount of money to run and the failure rate is costly too. In addition they have turned my friend, usually a fairly chilled character, into a disability activist.

yes, amatuer51, the appeals process definitely is costly for govt, and evidently just the thought of having to go through it, tips a proportion over the edge. (depending which particular health forums suicide stats you care to look at and weep). evidently, the govt would apparently rather this appalling inhumane image, than for disadvantaged people to expect any help. regardless, best of luck to your friend, and all power to you in supporting him.

i am a disability activist, not because i am disabled, but because i don't want to live in a world where people who are already disadvantaged are bullied, and made to suffer long term. it's really that basic!

i thoroughly recommend 'hardest hit' marches - they are well organised and attended. st johns ambulance are on hand, and do tea/biscuits at the end...and the march is quite short, due to wheelchair pushers, etc there are also sometimes speakers from national charities, political partys, and from individual orgs.

i see myself as a 'chilled out' sort of person, and don't see why people who feel strongly about a given issue might necessarily be seen as a 'hot headed obssessionalist'. feeling a sense of solidarity with others is surely something to be proud of, to enjoy? though i can see that a negative image of 'activism' helps the coalition ignore and smirk, as they do their dirty deeds regardless. shame on them!

in the link to the second ken robinson video (about global capitalism), he underlines the importance of citizens speaking up generally. worth remembering, as it's partly what got us where we got to, before the new world order hood winkers began their mantra, whilst a handful profit from surreptitiously thieving from the least wealthy.

Comment

Working...
    X