X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mandryka
    • Sep 2024

Romney: the inevitable President.

In the last few weeks, Mitt Romney has manage to overcome several handicaps (the least of which is probably his own ridiculous first name) to emerge as the USA's next Chief Executive.

This is no small achievement, when you consider that all of America's media (with the exception of Fox news) is ranged against him; he seems to have successfully capitalised on the hunger America feels for strong, conservative leadership, after the vacciliating liberalism of President Obama and the illiterate conservatism of George W Bush.

Personally, I'm intrigued by his running-mate, Paul Ryan: the nearest thing to an Objectivist ever to come within a whisker of the White House

Of course, there are things to dread about a Romney Presidency: what I am dreading the most is the wailing drivel emanates from all liberal organs whenever a conservative is elected to any form of high office.
  • heliocentric

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
    what I am dreading the most is the wailing drivel emanates from all liberal organs whenever a conservative is elected to any form of high office.
    That sounds nasty. I'm glad none of my organs are liberal.

Comment

• amateur51

Of course, there are things to dread about a Romney Presidency: what I am dreading the most is the wailing drivel emanates from all liberal organs whenever a conservative is elected to any form of high office.
      Well with luck your basic premise is mis-conceived

Comment

• Mr Pee
        • Nov 2010

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• gingerjon
          • Sep 2011

Over here Obama would slot naturally into the socially liberal bits of the Tory party.

Romney wouldn't even be on the ballot paper.
          The best music is the music that persuades us there is no other music in the world-- Alex Ross

Comment

• Pabmusic
            • May 2011

I wish this weren't so, but here's a summary of Republican views on rape:

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
              I wish this weren't so, but here's a summary of Republican views on rape:

Comment

• Pabmusic
                • May 2011

"...?" "...!"

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

In the last few weeks, Mitt Romney has manage to overcome several handicaps (the least of which is probably his own ridiculous first name) to emerge as the USA's next Chief Executive.

This is no small achievement, when you consider that all of America's media (with the exception of Fox news) is ranged against him; he seems to have successfully capitalised on the hunger America feels for strong, conservative leadership, after the vacciliating liberalism of President Obama and the illiterate conservatism of George W Bush.

Personally, I'm intrigued by his running-mate, Paul Ryan: the nearest thing to an Objectivist ever to come within a whisker of the White House

So the Americans may get the President they deserve, but why does everyone else have to suffer?

I am totally opposed to Romney and the Republican party.

Comment

• amateur51

I reckon that Mandy's only started this thread to distract himself from his intense chagrin that Bryn Terfel has been doing a good job in the most recent Wagner Ring cycles at ROH

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                      So the Americans may get the President they deserve, but why does everyone else have to suffer?

I am totally opposed to Romney and the Republican party.
                      It seems as if the 'Rest of the World' feels the same way. Pity we don't get a vote ...
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

don't believe everything in the papers or on the tv news ...
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• gingerjon
                          • Sep 2011

I took this test.

Apparently I should vote for Jill Stein.

I am a whole 4% Republican!
                          The best music is the music that persuades us there is no other music in the world-- Alex Ross

Comment

• heliocentric

Originally posted by gingerjon View Post
                            Apparently I should vote for Jill Stein.

I am a whole 4% Republican!
                            Me too (and I would in fact certainly vote for her if I were a US citizen), apart from I seem only to be 1% Republican. Shame they don't tell me which 1% it is so I can have it surgically removed.

It would be interesting if Ms Stein were included in the survey french frank mentions, wouldn't it?

Comment

• charles t
                              • Nov 2010

Over here, the current 'key' to the election is said to be the forthcoming choice made by Women Voters.

I wonder how many of the currently twenty-three million unemployed workers, qualify?

Enuf to upset a media-spun outcome? Who the hell knows...

Comment

Working...
                              X