Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycelt

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    Although normally I wouldn't give Romney the benefit of doubt, Anna, in this case I would. I would read his comment to mean that they wouldn't want to miss out on good workers by not hiring women.

Mind you, he's a close second to Bush in mangling his thoughts & the language, so it's difficult to tell what he really meant.
    Not particularly difficult at all, flossie, in our real imperfect world ...

You were right in your initial reading and Romney's imperfect form of words was seized upon by his political opponents to gain an 'advantage'. I also agree that Romney does seem to have a touch of the 'Bush' about him.

I'd like to see Obama get a second term (again as the 'lesser of two evils') but we must remember we are in the middle of two ruthless political campaigns where the words of both contestants will be twisted by their opponents ... the sooner all this silly pre-election nonsense is over the better as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Ferretfancy
      • Nov 2010

scottycelt

I thought for a moment that you were referring to baldly off old age pensioners, and that gets more obvious every day when i look in the shaving mirror! The description single doesn't fit the bill though.
      I agree with you about the US pre-election nonsense, but unfortunately it won't stop after the votes are cast because if the Republicans lose they will stillwork to defeat any sensible policies that Obama will try to introduce. The absurdity of the American system effectively paralyses any president, regardless of party. The country will eventually be a failed state full of fanatics.

Comment

Working...
      X